Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Posts: 3745
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am
Name: Rob
Location: Dartmouth
Contact:

Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by RubberToe » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Hey guys I just want to give some props to Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium. While I also support Dave & Everwood I just want to give some credit where it's due.

Tim (the owner) seems to be making a decent effort on the beer brewing front and has lots of decent yeast / hops / specialty grains, and even candi syrup. Competative prices and in town on Lady Hammond Rd.

I've been going stupid on candi syrup again lately and I went in there today because I heard he had some. Lo and behold, D-180. He only had two of that one and I bought em both and he said he'd be getting it again. Now I can compare my syrup to D, D-90, and D-180. :banana:
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

User avatar
RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Posts: 3745
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am
Name: Rob
Location: Dartmouth
Contact:

Re: Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by RubberToe » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:19 pm

IMG_20150328_105257.jpg
Sent from the brew timer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

User avatar
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 4014
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Sprybeeria

Re: Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by LiverDance » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Agreed, i've been up a couple of times so far and always found something that I couldn't find else where. It's worth checking out for sure.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by GAM » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Much like Dave, send an e-mail and ask if they can get what you are looking for and they will check the suppliers.

S

User avatar
KMcK
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 2365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm
Name: Kyle
Location: Halifax, Nova Soctia

Re: Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by KMcK » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:58 pm

It's a great store and they even donated door prizes for last year's Hoptoberfest.
McKeggerator:
  • no beer :(

User avatar
CorneliusAlphonse
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 2988
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by CorneliusAlphonse » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:30 am

That's great. I was only in once since they moved and they didn't have that kinda stuff. Candi strip is very tempting
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by Jimmy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 am

Good stuff :cheers:

Mac_Brew
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:06 am
Name: Jeff
Location: Truro, NS

Re: Maritime Wine & Beer Emporium

Post by Mac_Brew » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:21 am

I know Tim the owner personally and would echo what was said here. He has expanded his beer supplies and will look into getting what you want. I have always gotten great service from him.

Jeff

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest