Temptation Red Clone

A spot to talk general homebrew
User avatar
CorneliusAlphonse
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 2988
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: Temptation Red Clone

Post by CorneliusAlphonse » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:42 pm

I don't think it's Chinook, and definitely dont think it's Chinook for buttering, compared to a recent beer I made with lots of Chinook. But I could be wrong too.
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere

RossBee
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm
Name: Steffen Rosswog
Location: Baie Verte, NB

Re: Temptation Red Clone

Post by RossBee » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Keith wrote:maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts.

I suck at this haha.

So Keith, your verdict is that it is a "Slight spicyness with a grapefruit and mild pine flavor. Malt on this beer is overpowering the nose, so can't get anything off that." and "seems like I'm getting a mild floral nose" and "maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts."


Quite the complexity there, me son. In the end, did you like it?

:chug:
Why brew beer I can buy?

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Temptation Red Clone

Post by GuingesRock » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:42 pm

I thought this link was not that useful, but here goes (at least the guy is trying): http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/10/h ... -like.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Temptation Red Clone

Post by Keith » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:36 am

RossBee wrote:
Keith wrote:maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts.

I suck at this haha.

So Keith, your verdict is that it is a "Slight spicyness with a grapefruit and mild pine flavor. Malt on this beer is overpowering the nose, so can't get anything off that." and "seems like I'm getting a mild floral nose" and "maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts."


Quite the complexity there, me son. In the end, did you like it?

:chug:
Yea it's a beer I enjoy. Just was a while since I had it.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: Temptation Red Clone

Post by GAM » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:53 am

Keith wrote: Yea it's a beer I enjoy. Just was a while since I had it.
I have found it to be far less hoppy than it was when it first came out. Can others confirm this or not.

Sandy

User avatar
Lucas
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 am
Name: Lucas
Location: Winnipeg

Re: Temptation Red Clone

Post by Lucas » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 pm

I was at a meet your local event maybe a year ago where Boxing Rock was pairing beers with the food and I asked what hop it was and the representative ((co?)-owner?) of the brewery wouldn't tell me what hop it was. He said that I could figure it out. It is slightly odd that they won't just say what it is. I couldn't even hazard a guess.
Enjoying: Black Sheep (Dark Farmhouse with Brett)
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests