Fermentation Chamber questions

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
Mac
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:12 pm
Name: Chris

Fermentation Chamber questions

Post by Mac » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:12 am

I'm wondering for people who use a freezer for a fermentation chamber how well it works, and what size freezer would you suggest?

User avatar
RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Posts: 3745
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am
Name: Rob
Location: Dartmouth
Contact:

Re: Fermentation Chamber questions

Post by RubberToe » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:15 am

It works awesome and I prefer one that just fits two carboys as you'll get a fast response in changing / maintaining the temperature and still have a double batch on the go.
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

Mac
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:12 pm
Name: Chris

Re: Fermentation Chamber questions

Post by Mac » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:23 am

RubberToe wrote:It works awesome and I prefer one that just fits two carboys as you'll get a fast response in changing / maintaining the temperature and still have a double batch on the go.
I was thinking of a 7 or 9 cu ft, depending on what I can find. I believe those will hold 2 or 3 carboys respectively. I figured the bigger I go the more work the setup would have to do to maintain the temp.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests