Priming Sugar Q
- Comforteagle
- Registered User

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 pm
Priming Sugar Q
Which priming sugars do you all recommend for good brews? I'm not sure I like what I got at my LHBS.
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Priming Sugar Q
Dextrose/Corn sugar. What did your LHBS have?
-
GasMD30
- Verified User

- Posts: 401
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
- Name: Josh
Re: Priming Sugar Q
I personally use table sugar, but that's because I make small batches.... I've been tempted to use corn syrup. I suggest using that.
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider
- LeafMan66_67
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 4600
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
- Name: Derek Stapleton
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Priming Sugar Q
Dextrose /corn sugar. Usually from Bulk Barn.Comforteagle wrote:Which priming sugars do you all recommend for good brews? I'm not sure I like what I got at my LHBS.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato
- Comforteagle
- Registered User

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 pm
Re: Priming Sugar Q
'Priming Sugar'Woody wrote:Dextrose/Corn sugar. What did your LHBS have?
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Priming Sugar Q
Priming sugar from the home brew shop should be dextrose aka corn sugar. Boil a cup of water add and bulk prime your beer when ready.
- Ladd
- Verified User

- Posts: 245
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm
- Name: Matt
- Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Re: Priming Sugar Q
I just use table sugar
"If you want to make wine all you have to do is tread a few grapes. Try treading some barley and all you'll get is sore feet" - Dr. Charles Bamforth
- amartin
- Award Winner 8

- Posts: 1765
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: Priming Sugar Q
Sugar is sugar, at least in the quantities it takes to prime a beer. I just use table sugar, because I have it anyways.
- dean2k
- Verified User

- Posts: 1172
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 pm
- Name: deano
- Location: Sackville, NB
Re: Priming Sugar Q
This.amartin wrote:I just use table sugar, because I have it anyways.
.............................................
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests