New brews and giant pretzels

meg_media
Name: Meg

New brews and giant pretzels

Post by meg_media » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 am

September is going to be a fun month at Garrison. I'm talking harvest beers and chicks in dirdnls (much like the one in my profile pic).

Oktoberfest Brau will be out on Thursday, Sept. 8. Three Fields Harvest Ale should be released the following weekend (Sept. 16ish). Then our 3rd annual Oktoberfest event at Pavilion 20 is on Saturday, Sept. 24, where both beers will be on tap to toast the occasion. We may even have a few local politicans to tap some kegs. We finally have a new web designer, so details on all this should be up on our site within the next 48 hours.

:thumbup:

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Re: New brews and giant pretzels

Post by Jimmy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Picked up a bottle of each at Premier today. I haven't tried either before, should get them both cracked today while my stuffed pork roast is smoking :grilling: :spilly:

ratchet
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ratchet » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 pm

I have to say that I was dissappointed to find out that 3-fields is not available on-tap at the brewery (bottle only), which means you cannot get growlers of it.

Shame.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Really? The post at the top says it will be available on tap?

ratchet
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ratchet » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:00 pm

they may be on tap at their Octoberfest event... but they weren't at the brewery on Friday.

meg_media

Post by meg_media » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:19 am

ratchet is right, 3 Fields is in 500ml bottles only. I was so sad about this. Original intention was to have it on tap. May have something to do with the fact that we're releasing it in 24 NSLC stores by this time next week. Fortunately, we should have the second batch of Oktoberfest Brau on tap for growler fills before the end of this week.

Unfortunately won't be attending the Hoptopia event this weekend - that's the exact same date and time as Oktoberfest! Hope to see some of ya there. X)

meg_media

Post by meg_media » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 pm

UPDATE: Oktoberfest Brau is now on tap at the brewery! And it's delicious. Just sayin.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Is that in bottles also, or just growlers?
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:09 pm

It's in bottles as well.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

Return to “Garrison Brewing Co.”