New hops, malts and yeast!

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor
Name: Matt

New hops, malts and yeast!

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:28 pm

Aside from a regular restocking of our current inventory, I brought in some additional malts that people have been asking me to stock. I also brought in some more new and some experimental hops that sounded interesting. The aromas are incredible on these, I can't wait to try them out myself!

Simpsons Golden Naked Oats is a crystal type malt that can be used in dark beers to impart creamy, nutty, breakfast cereal bar like flavors. Color is 6 to 10 °L.
Weyermann Carafoam is a lightly drum roasted caramel malt that is used to add a fullness to the body and aids in head retention. Color = 1.5 to 3 ­°L
Weyermann Carahell is also a drum roasted caramel malt which can be used to increase beer foam while also contributing to a more fuller, rounder body and flavor. This one is a bit more roasted with a color of 8 to 12 °L

NZH-107 is said to have intense tropical fruit (guava/passion fruit) and citrus (grapefruit/lime) aroma characteristics.
Experimental 06300 is said to have notes of cocoa, tropical fruit, passion fruit, stone fruit, caramel.
HBC 586 with specific aroma descriptors including mango, guava, lychee, citrus, with slight sulfur and herbal notes
Citiva is said to have a strong expression of ripe stone fruit, sweet floral, and soft peach flavors and aroma, as well as tropical fruit and lime character.
Zamba is described as having a complex aroma characterized by juicy tropical fruits (pineapple, mango), stone fruits, candy, and orange tangerine.

Looking forward to trying out the new Mangrove Jacks Hophead Ale Yeast as well! Sounds like it would pair well with some of these hops!

Hoppy brewing and Happy Canada Day! Hope everyone had a great day!

Cheers,
Matt

Return to “East Coast Hoppers Homebrew Supply”