BBQ Sauce Recipes

Have a food related recipe you'd like to share? This is the spot!
redoubt
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Kirsten & Keely

BBQ Sauce Recipes

Post by redoubt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Does anyone have a good recipe for BBQ sauce? Or am I better off just buying some? It's for tofu... (not a heck of a lot to put BBQ sauce on as a vegetatian. :? )

-Keely.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes

Post by mr x » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:41 pm

This is a Raichlen recipe that I made with mango before. Was excellent.

Pineapple Barbecue Sauce

Makes about 2 cups.

Pineapple juice makes an fitting base for a barbecue sauce. After all, barbecue originated in the West Indies and so did the pineapple. (The latter was "discovered" by Columbus in 1493 on the island of Guadeloupe.) In the 19th century, the pineapple became an American symbol of hospitality - carved into moldings and banisters throughout New England. The fruit's sweet, musky, acidity makes a prefect foil for pork.

2 cups pineapple juice
1 to 2 jalapeno chilies, seeded and minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt (just a little) and freshly ground black pepper

1. Combine the pineapple juice, chili, ginger, and cilantro in a heavy saucepan and boil until reduced by half.

2. Stir the ketchup, vinegar, worchestershire sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Simmer the sauce until richly flavored and slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

NASH
CBA Award Winner
CBA Award Winner
Name: Nash

Post by NASH » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Here's a few, all good. And a few extra goodies just because. Why wouldn't we all make our own ketchup, starting with organic tomatoes... :)
A stunning Trinidadian Chef I had the opportunity to work with made his Q sauce with Papaya juice as the fluid base, when and if he couldn't find that he used pineapple juice. The sauce was unbelievable. To this day I still use pineapple juice in Q sauce, it's delicious :cheers2:

Pitt Cue.JPG
Chipotle Ketchup.JPG
BBL Aged Stout BBq.JPG
Maple Stout BBq.JPG
Q Sauce 1.JPG
Hot Kimchi.JPG
Hot Sauce.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dean2k
Verified User
Verified User
Name: deano

Post by dean2k » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm a fan of the Carolina style mustard-based sauces. Don't have a good recipe off hand to share, but google a few if you're doing something like ribs or pulled pork

Return to “Food Recipes”