2017 NFL Pickem Pool

Talk anything non-beer related
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

2017 NFL Pickem Pool

Post by LiverDance » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Below are the details on a pickem pool that I run if anyone is interested.

Good afternoon Football fans! September 7th is this year's kick-off and we're looking for participants in our annual football pick'em challenge. Last year was a great success and we hope to follow that up again this year. The pool rules are as follows:

The Breakdown:

Pool Style: The pool is a straight forward "beat the spread" format. Each week the NFL games for that week listed online with the spread for each game. Each participant will pick one team for each game. If the team chosen is the favourite team, that pick will be correct if that team wins the game by the spread or more. If the team chosen is the underdog team, that pick will be correct if that team wins the game or loses the game by the spread or less. One point will be awarded for each correct pick. One point is awarded for all games for which the result is a tie against the spread.

Entry Fee: The entry fee of $34 is based on $2 / week x 17 weeks. $1 per week is added to the prize pool for the weekly prizes and the other $1 / week is added to the prize pool for the year end prizes. Participation determines payout.

Weekly Prizes: The weekly prize will be awarded to the most correct picks during that week. Tie breaker rules are explained upon registration.

Year End Prizes: The year-end prizes are awarded for the most correct picks during the season. (1st - 75%, 2nd - 25%)

How to Join up:

1. Go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem
2. Hit the Join a Group Button (center of page)
3. Enter Group ID # 26452
4. Enter Password: superbowl
5. Click Join Group Button
6. Choose from the various methods of sign in (yahoo account, google, or facebook) If you don't have any of these existing accounts you will need to use the create new account option.
7. Fill out required Info (when you get to pick set name, this will be the name that shows up for the pool)

If you end up having any questions about joining please contact me and I will help you out. Hope to see a good turnout, and good luck to those who participate.

Brian
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

ackes
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Mike

Re: 2017 NFL Pickem Pool

Post by ackes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:14 pm

LiverDance wrote:Below are the details on a pickem pool that I run if anyone is interested.

Good afternoon Football fans! September 7th is this year's kick-off and we're looking for participants in our annual football pick'em challenge. Last year was a great success and we hope to follow that up again this year. The pool rules are as follows:

The Breakdown:

Pool Style: The pool is a straight forward "beat the spread" format. Each week the NFL games for that week listed online with the spread for each game. Each participant will pick one team for each game. If the team chosen is the favourite team, that pick will be correct if that team wins the game by the spread or more. If the team chosen is the underdog team, that pick will be correct if that team wins the game or loses the game by the spread or less. One point will be awarded for each correct pick. One point is awarded for all games for which the result is a tie against the spread.

Entry Fee: The entry fee of $34 is based on $2 / week x 17 weeks. $1 per week is added to the prize pool for the weekly prizes and the other $1 / week is added to the prize pool for the year end prizes. Participation determines payout.

Weekly Prizes: The weekly prize will be awarded to the most correct picks during that week. Tie breaker rules are explained upon registration.

Year End Prizes: The year-end prizes are awarded for the most correct picks during the season. (1st - 75%, 2nd - 25%)

How to Join up:

1. Go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem
2. Hit the Join a Group Button (center of page)
3. Enter Group ID # 26452
4. Enter Password: superbowl
5. Click Join Group Button
6. Choose from the various methods of sign in (yahoo account, google, or facebook) If you don't have any of these existing accounts you will need to use the create new account option.
7. Fill out required Info (when you get to pick set name, this will be the name that shows up for the pool)

If you end up having any questions about joining please contact me and I will help you out. Hope to see a good turnout, and good luck to those who participate.

Brian
How do I go about settling up for the $34?
E-transfer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kegged: House honey wheat, Honey Brown ale.
Fermenting: West Coast IPA
On deck: Mad Elf Clone to age until Winter
In the hole:: NEIPA / Honey Wheat./ Sour season !
Kegged and aging:: RIS

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:53 am

Yeah, i'll message you with the address
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Season starts tomorrow, any more takers?

Return to “Off Topic”