Page 1 of 1

19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:55 pm
by rolyhudson
Any one interested?

Re: 19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm
by RemyAroundTown
Oh, I just emailed you about this.

Re: 19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:50 pm
by jtmwhyte
pictures?

Re: 19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:18 pm
by chalmers
Remy, be sure to check that the keg holds pressure and the tank is hydro'ed (or will pass hydro), and the regulator (should one be included) doesn't leak.

Re: 19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:31 pm
by jacinthebox
How much?

Re: 19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 pm
by RemyAroundTown
I'm told the regulator shows the correct pressure but the capacity gauge is broken. I talked to Downs today and he said that shouldn't be a problem.

Is there a way I can check the other things easily? I was planning to pick it up tomorrow at noon for $125.

Re: 19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:37 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
Pull the pressure release valve on the keg - if it releases pressure then it holds pressure. If it is unpressurized it is more difficult to tell - need to put some gas in and seal it. Then listen for hissing, make sure it holds for a while (difficult to do when you're buying from someone), maybe spray some soapy water and look for bubbles (again, hard to do when buying from someone). Maybe you could ask him to pressurize it tonight for you? Also note that sometimes the seal for the large opening on top can be difficult to seal properly - but that doesn't mean the keg is no good (but doesn't mean it is either!)

Re: 19l keg and 5lb pressure tank for sale

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 am
by RemyAroundTown
Thanks so much for the advice. I'll try to check what I can. He put some pressure in it last night, so at least I will be able to verify that part it working.