Copper chiller Wanted

Items for sale/trade
hadennettle121

Copper chiller Wanted

Post by hadennettle121 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:29 pm

Hey folks! Looking to brew my second batch of all grain this Sunday January 21st and am in need of a copper chiller. I did an ice bath with my first batch and didn’t work too well. I’m on a tight budget so am willing to spend around $30 for it. Located in West end Halifax. Message me if you are interested!!

Alternatively if someone was willing to let me borrow their chill that would also work!

Thanks and happy brewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradbrewsbeer
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Brad

Re: Copper chiller Wanted

Post by Bradbrewsbeer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:32 pm

Just a heads up, Brewhq carries no chill bags($2.99.) Brew your beer, offset your hops by 20 min and transfer hot into the bag. Let it chill on the back deck basement or your closet, transfer to the fermenter and away you go. I have had pretty good success so far, I have never brewed a hoppy beer this way, only dark or malty ones. Give it a go and save some money and water
Kegged - Cold IPA, NEIPA, Fieldberry Wheat, Dark Abbey Ale, Apple Pear Cider, American Lager, American Stout, Belgian Wit

JamesM80
Verified User
Verified User
Name: James Marshall

Post by JamesM80 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:23 am

I'm out of town for a bit and it won't help you this time, but I have a small copper chiller I could give you. I think you would have to figure out the hose attachments, but I can send a pic when I get back at the end of the month.
Hey! Here's a selfish classified ad at the bottom of my name...
Party Time Brewing - Check it out. It's Beer! Sometimes available at Battery Park and soon at Real Fake Meats on Gottingen St. PM me if you want to buy some beer or just stop by and check out the brewery.

hadennettle121

Post by hadennettle121 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:10 pm

Bradbrewsbeer wrote:Just a heads up, Brewhq carries no chill bags($2.99.) Brew your beer, offset your hops by 20 min and transfer hot into the bag. Let it chill on the back deck basement or your closet, transfer to the fermenter and away you go. I have had pretty good success so far, I have never brewed a hoppy beer this way, only dark or malty ones. Give it a go and save some money and water
Hey Brad! Thanks for the tip I’ll have to check this out!

hadennettle121

Post by hadennettle121 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:11 pm

JamesM80 wrote:I'm out of town for a bit and it won't help you this time, but I have a small copper chiller I could give you. I think you would have to figure out the hose attachments, but I can send a pic when I get back at the end of the month.
Hi James! Appreciate your offer but I actually found someone selling one on FB marketplace for a reasonable price

Return to “Classifieds”