Page 1 of 1

Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:11 pm
by mumblecrunch
Over the last several months I've committed to a 5 gallon capacity system and now I've got some gear to sell.

The kettle is a 15 gallon from Dave@Everwood, so it will do 10 gallon batches very comforably. It's got two welded bulkheads and a weldless recirculation port with 2-piece ballvalves on the appropriate ports. The thermometer has a 6" stem and is the tiltable variety, which is nice for not having to bend or squat down to look at it. Inside there's a street elbow on the recirculation port and a side pickup tube on the drain. After the last time I used it I decided it was due for a full teardown and scrub with PBW, Barkeepers Friend and a toothbrush, including the ball valves. So it's all pretty clean (although the new owner will have to heat some water and cinch down all the connections before brewing on it).

The mashtun (previously listed here) is a Coleman Xtreme 9gal/34L cooler. There's very little dead space in these thanks to the channel. Due to the heavier insulation, it can be used outside in the winter without a ton of temperature loss (although on colder days I did wrap it in an old sleeping bag). It comes with a custom voile bag from MashedIn.com (some minor heat damage, but in a harmless location) along with a velcro strap and a street elbow inside. Bag-in-a-cooler is much easier than using a bazooka screen IMO.

I'd like to get $225 for the kettle and $75 for the mashtun, but if someone is willing to take them together I'd do it for $260.

I also have a burner that would work with the pot; it's certainly not new, but it's serviceable, $20.
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_5320.jpg
IMG_5322.jpg
IMG_5402.jpg

Re: Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am
by milesbeershop
I will take the burning off your hands if its still in good working condition.

Re: Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am
by milesbeershop
Sorry thats…. BURNER.

Re: Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:20 pm
by mumblecrunch
milesbeershop wrote:I will take the burner off your hands if its still in good working condition.
I will test fire it tonight and let you know, but it was working fine right up until I replaced it about 18 months ago. Since then it's just been sitting in my shed, so I have no reason to believe it's anything but functional. Could probably use a going-over with a wire brush, though ;)

Assuming it works, Miles, I'll put your name on it.

Re: Kettle and Mashtun for Sale

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:22 pm
by milesbeershop
mumblecrunch wrote:
milesbeershop wrote:I will take the burner off your hands if its still in good working condition.
I will test fire it tonight and let you know, but it was working fine right up until I replaced it about 18 months ago. Since then it's just been sitting in my shed, so I have no reason to believe it's anything but functional. Could probably use a going-over with a wire brush, though ;)

Assuming it works, Miles, I'll put your name on it.
Great! Would love to add it to the setup.