FS: *Price drop* now $200, 10 Gallon SS Brewtech Kettle

Items for sale/trade
owenjh
Name: Owen

FS: *Price drop* now $200, 10 Gallon SS Brewtech Kettle

Post by owenjh » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:26 am

I received this kettle for Christmas and it's too large for my stove. Looking to sell it for 200 in order to buy the 5.5 gallon version that will fit better on my stove. It's only been used to try and bring water to a boil (which I couldn't due to size) to test the seals of the ports. I have everything it came with except for the box. The photo on obk doesn't show it but this has a recirculation port near the top. I'd prefer to sell within driving range of Saint John, nb.

https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Ss_Brew ... kettle.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by owenjh on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

owenjh

Re: FS: *Price drop* 10 Gallon SS Brewtech Kettle

Post by owenjh » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Bump for price drop!

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:44 pm

What was the price dropped to?

owenjh

Post by owenjh » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:53 pm

Jimmy wrote:What was the price dropped to?
$200

jason.loxton
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jason Loxton

Re: FS: *Price drop* now $200, 10 Gallon SS Brewtech Kettle

Post by jason.loxton » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:35 pm

I've boiled 10 gallon batches successfully in a 15 gallon pot on the stove. Overlapped on two burners. Worked great.

I'd be tempted to keep the larger pot. You'll have the flexibility of added capacity. You could always buy one of these if you need some extra umph (you're pretty close to the border, so I assume you get over or friends do often enough): <http://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrod.htm>. You can hook it up to 120 v and you can avoid a lot of the hassle of spa panels and all that. Someone on here will walk you through the wiring.

Jason

owenjh

Post by owenjh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:50 pm

jason.loxton wrote:I've boiled 10 gallon batches successfully in a 15 gallon pot on the stove. Overlapped on two burners. Worked great.

I'd be tempted to keep the larger pot. You'll have the flexibility of added capacity. You could always buy one of these if you need some extra umph (you're pretty close to the border, so I assume you get over or friends do often enough): <http://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrod.htm>. You can hook it up to 120 v and you can avoid a lot of the hassle of spa panels and all that. Someone on here will walk you through the wiring.

Jason
Thanks, for the suggestion, it's not actually wide enough to go on two burners, I may keep it for later if it doesn't sell. At the moment I do 3 gallon batches anyway, but was thinking of increasing. A new 5.5 was just delivered today. Also I'm in an apartment, and already burned the coating off under one burner, so I don't really want to risk doing another. I'll stick to the smaller batches for now, that way I go through them faster and brew sooner again to get more experience each time.

owenjh

Post by owenjh » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Going to be in Fredericton next weekend for Fredericton beer fest if anyone is interested in meeting up for this.

punkscience
Name: Darryl Wright

Post by punkscience » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi Owen,

Have you still got this and if so, where are you located? I do my brewing on the patio with a burner now so this might be perfect for me.

Thanks,
Darryl

jason.loxton
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jason Loxton

Post by jason.loxton » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 am

Looking at the SS Brewtech website, I think that this model is induction ready. If confirmed, that might make it more attractive to people. (Or might be a reason to keep it yourself: you can get a 3500 watt countertop induction range for $250 US, and then you're set up to electric brew: https://ericbrews.com/2016/03/13/induct ... ntco-3500/)

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/ss- ... -10-gallon

Jonaconda
Name: Jon

Post by Jonaconda » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:28 pm

still have this?

Does a magnet stick to it?

Return to “Classifieds”