LF: Paintball tank filling station (or parts)

Items for sale/trade
chalmers
Name: Chris

LF: Paintball tank filling station (or parts)

Post by chalmers » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi folks,

With the warmer months upon us, and the need to get my second 20lb CO2 tank hydroed, I decided to go a bit crazy and have a diptube installed. The idea is to be able to fill the paintball tanks that I have on the fly for pretty cheap, and maybe offer this to other folks too. I spoke Don Brenton's, who directed me next door to Connor Breathing Air systems. They have quoted me $180 to put together a fill station, which is out of my price range for this. Does anyone have some parts kicking around that I could buy from you?

- CGA-320 nut/stem
- Paintball tank adapter
- One or two valves for stopping flow/pressure relief after filling (Figure I could always get these at Kent)
- High pressure hose of appropriate fittings

I'm looking to build something that looks like this, and may even just buy this one if I strike out on local stuff:
paintball station.jpg
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CO2-Refill-Stat ... xyqOxRwQYS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Sandy MacNeil

Re: LF: Paintball tank filling station (or parts)

Post by GAM » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:13 pm

No but I'll pay you to fill my Sodastream tank.

S

MitchK
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mitchell Kehoe

Post by MitchK » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:20 pm

GAM wrote:No but I'll pay you to fill my Sodastream tank.

S
I think they specifically make those tanks to be more or less un-fillable without proprietary gear. You'd be better off modifying your sodastream to take a paintball tank. I looked into this back when my carbonation concerns were limited to fizzy water and maybe cocktails (aka before I got into beer brewing and somehow justified 5 gallon kegs and 5+lb co2 canisters)

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:16 am

GAM wrote:No but I'll pay you to fill my Sodastream tank.

S
We can definitely try! But Mitch may very well be correct.

So..... I did some more digging last night into the parts required, and I ran across an ebay auction for a filling station, and I ended up winning it. $30, just have to wait for shipping from Hong Kong. Hopefully here by the end of the month.

Return to “Classifieds”