Page 1 of 2

Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:10 pm
by Jayme
We're going to be brewing a spruce IPA with Greg at some point in the not so distant future and the red spruce tips are ripe for the picking. Our plan is to go out on Saturday. Anyone willing to volunteer giving us a hand?

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:21 pm
by chalmers
I'm game, just gimme the details.

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:26 pm
by TimG
Doh! Would have liked to lend a hand but will be on PEI this weekend. Have fun!

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
TimG wrote:Doh! Would have liked to lend a hand but will be on PEI this weekend. Have fun!
similar issue for me unfortunately. good luck!

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 pm
by Jayme
Thanks Chris! Tim and Liam.. :moon: Just kidding! :cheers: I think the plan will likely be to head out mid afternoon weather pending. Gavin has to work the morning and early afternoon and I think my cousin is going to come too if possible and she's also tied up early afternoon. Haven't talked time yet with Greg. What works for you?

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 am
by KMcK
I may be able to join you. I'm looking for some red spruce tips for my own brewing.

Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 am
by LeafMan66_67
Would have been interested but will be in PEI all weekend.

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:03 pm
by chalmers
Anytime after noon works for me, probably the earlier the better. Where will we be going?

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 pm
by Jayme
There's a spot in Dartmouth just past Dartmouth Crossing off the highway. Nash was out there and spotted a bunch.

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:46 pm
by NASH
Thanks for the help guys! Of course if there are any more of you that can come out for an hr or so it would be awesome and appreciated. Saturday afternoon around 1:00pm is when it happens, right after I tap the firkin, we can meet at RB, tap the firkin, chug samples of it then go :lol:

Rain date is the same time Sunday.

Now somebody go correct the fucking title of this thread to read 'Rockbottom'. :spilly:

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:26 pm
by Jayme
NASH wrote:Now somebody go correct the fucking title of this thread to read 'Rockbottom'. :spilly:
Sorry... :oops:

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:28 pm
by NASH
Jayme wrote:
NASH wrote:Now somebody go correct the fucking title of this thread to read 'Rockbottom'. :spilly:
Sorry... :oops:
Geez don't take it too hard big fella, everything's gonna be alright :lol:

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:38 pm
by Jayme
I dunno.... :suicide:

It's ok though - I just finished my first aid course today so I can treat my self inflicted head wound :D

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:23 pm
by Jimmy
I'll probably make it out, along with my lesser half :shh:

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:17 pm
by Becky
Jimmy wrote:I'll probably make it out, along with my lesser half :shh:
I'm going to cut you. :rocky:

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:20 pm
by Jayme
Haha just wait until after we finish picking spruce tips please!

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 pm
by NASH
Becky wrote:
Jimmy wrote:I'll probably make it out, along with my lesser half :shh:
I'm going to cut you. :rocky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rocky: :o :headbang: :pow: :headbang: :spilly:

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 pm
by jeffsmith
Becky wrote:
Jimmy wrote:I'll probably make it out, along with my lesser half :shh:
I'm going to cut you. :rocky:
:jerry:

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:48 am
by bluenose
I'm told I'm going to the Tattoo at that time... not sure if she meant the show in Halifax or if we're getting tattoos

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:07 pm
by Jayme
Thanks for coming out everyone!!

Image

Image

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:54 pm
by mr x
Looking good.:)

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:57 pm
by NASH
Yes sir, good times :headbang: Chalmers almost died with a fatal injury but we managed to salvage him, after he picked his quota :spilly:
partial dream team [1600x1200].JPG
partial dream team 2 [1600x1200].JPG
spruce tips 1 [1600x1200].JPG
spruce tips 2 [1600x1200].JPG
spruce tips 3 [1600x1200].JPG
Chalmers fatal injury [1600x1200].JPG

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:39 am
by KMcK
I can't wait for the final product.
P1040010-11.jpg

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 am
by chalmers
Just waiting for the worker's comp form to be notarized.
Surprised I was able to walk out there, it would have brought down a lesser man.

Sincerely,
Sarcastic chalmers


Image

Re: Spruce Tip Picking for Rockbottom

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:36 pm
by mr x
Very artistic use of ketchup.:)

If i was using a better internet device, i'd post some drive-in slasher posters from the 70's for comparison, heehee.