NS Craft Beer Fest 0202 - Brewnosers Volunteers

Discuss past/present/future events
know1
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Jeramy Slaunwhite

NS Craft Beer Fest 0202 - Brewnosers Volunteers

Post by know1 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:37 pm

Is anyone interesting in volunteering at the Together we brew NS craft beer fest this weekend? They reached out to ask the brewnosers specifically.

the sessions are saturday April 6th 1-4:30pm and 6-9:30pm including VIP sessions. Volunteer shifts would include an additional 30 minutes or so on each end ~12:30-5pm, ~5:30-10pm

They are using volunteers to pour for small breweries that send beer but cannot attend in person as well as the CBANS collab beer. We've also had a table setup in the past showcasing some homebrew gear, ingredients, BJCP info etc. to talk homebrewing to attendees. I have provided my gear in the past and have the banner etc. for table display. If there is enough interest to support it I can arrange to transport it and help with setup. I am attending the afternoon session myself.

Per the event contact: According to NS Alcohol licensing regulations, anyone pouring beer during a licensed session cannot taste products, at their booth, during the licensed time. This rule has been in place for a number of years and is now being regularly enforced.
Tasting before or between licensed tasting sessions is permitted - tasting sizes will be 2-3 oz

Please let me know, sooner the better if you are interested so we can decide if we have coverage for the Brewnosers gear.
Kegged: El Dorado IPA, Rocketfuel 2.0, Wet Hopped Pale, Ryrish Red, Marzen, BN Exchange Dunkel, BN Exchange NEIPA, Lies Lies Lies - Citra <0.5% ale
Fermenting: NZ Pilsner with Enigma, Strawberry brett cider

KMcK
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Kyle

Re: NS Craft Beer Fest 0202 - Brewnosers Volunteers

Post by KMcK » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:47 pm

know1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:37 pm
Per the event contact: According to NS Alcohol licensing regulations, anyone pouring beer during a licensed session cannot taste products, at their booth, during the licensed time. This rule has been in place for a number of years and is now being regularly enforced.
Last year they extrapolated this rule to include people who weren't pouring beer. Was this problem sorted out this year?
McKeggerator:
  • no beer :(

JamesM80
Verified User
Verified User
Name: James Marshall

Re: NS Craft Beer Fest 0202 - Brewnosers Volunteers

Post by JamesM80 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:20 pm

The official answer will always be that the volunteers don't drink. Then do what you will with that....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hey! Here's a selfish classified ad at the bottom of my name...
Party Time Brewing - Check it out. It's Beer! Sometimes available at Battery Park and soon at Real Fake Meats on Gottingen St. PM me if you want to buy some beer or just stop by and check out the brewery.

Return to “Events”