Bottle Share from Vancouver (Aug 01-05)?

Discuss past/present/future events
pictoman
Name: Ryan

Bottle Share from Vancouver (Aug 01-05)?

Post by pictoman » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:41 pm

I'll be heading to Halifax Aug 01-05 and will also be going to PEI and Moncton during that time (exact dates TBD - basically when a bottle share / tasting may happen).

Wondering if there are people interested in planning a tasting while I'm there (or trading). I'll be leaving Vancouver to goto Quebec City first on July 23 so will need to plan which beers to bring this week (and hopefully my luggage gets there with the airline issues recently).

Taylor Vanbrewer
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Taylor

Re: Bottle Share from Vancouver (Aug 01-05)?

Post by Taylor Vanbrewer » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:37 pm

This sounds fun. Why don't you firm up dates and let me know what days work best and I will try to put something together.

Also would be interested in a trade. Do you have any access to any temporal stouts/barley/munichwine? What sorts of things are you interested in?
Certified BJCP Judge/Punk Rock aficionado/Witless Dullard

Fermenting: Best Bitter

Lagering/Conditioning: Bouchet
Orange Blossom mead

Bottled/Conditioning: Apricot multigrain mixed ferm saison
Mixed ferm saison
Wit
Historic Barleywine

pictoman
Name: Ryan

Re: Bottle Share from Vancouver (Aug 01-05)?

Post by pictoman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:39 pm

Hi Taylor,

I sent you a private message with my contact info. I'll write the rest publicly in case people have similar questions and are interested in setting something up.

I'm thinking Aug 02 would be probably be good. I'm flexible though. I'll plan my roadtrip on whatever day there isn't a beer tasting.

I've got all 6 of the recent Temporal releases that I can trade. Unfortunately, I leave the day before Tristan's next release. I have an excel sheet of some of the beers I have extras of.

Generally, when looking for beers, my first priority is a new tick on Ratebeer (username: Pictoman). Style-wise I usually like Imperial Stouts and Barley Wines, but I'm open to all styles - Ice Ciders too. Then bonus points if there's more of a whale beer - I'm not really familiar with the Maritime scene (let me know if there are any standouts), but some of the stuff from Bas Canada would be great or Eastern United States.

Return to “Events”