Canadian Homebrew Day - June 1, 2019

Discuss past/present/future events
wcturnedec
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Cam

Canadian Homebrew Day - June 1, 2019

Post by wcturnedec » Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Canadian Homebrewers Association, but I saw this link (https://canadahomebrews.ca/canadian-homebrew-day/) the other day about the first official Canadian Homebrew Day on June 1st.

Seems similar to Big Brew Day that is put on by the AHA but doesn't necessarily have to involve brewing itself, some ideas they suggest are:

– Set up a wort giveaway with your local brewery
– Have a brewing open house with members of your local homebrew club at your local brewery or even in your garage
– Book a campsite and have a brewing weekend with friends (make sure you get all the proper licenses!)
– Set up a panel with local homebrewers who have gone pro on their stories
– Collaborate with your local homebrew supply store and do a brewing demo
– Invite a local ingredient/ brewing technique expert to talk about their expertise

All ideas sound pretty cool, a wort giveway sounds interesting but there might not be enough time to coordinate. I would normally be open to hosting a club brewday at my place but child #3 is expected then and I'll be on high alert :D

Anyone with other ideas or thoughts let er rip, just thought it might be a nice way to get some folks together besides the monthly meetings!
On tap: APA, Dubbel, Dark Mild
Fermenting: Brett Saison 2022, Schwarzbier, APA, Sour Brown,
Coming up: American Wheat (Fruited), Vienna Lager, Dortmunder
Bottled: Brett Saison 2020, Brett Saison 2021, Baltic Porter

KMcK
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Kyle

Re: Canadian Homebrew Day - June 1, 2019

Post by KMcK » Fri May 10, 2019 2:12 pm

wcturnedec wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Not sure how many of you are aware of the Canadian Homebrewers Association, but I saw this link (https://canadahomebrews.ca/canadian-homebrew-day/) the other day about the first official Canadian Homebrew Day on June 1st.
It looks like Upper Canadian Homebrew Day at the moment. Maybe we can change that. We've done Learn to Homebrew Day before. I can provide my backyard and gear if others want to help with the setup and demo. Is anyone interested?
McKeggerator:
  • no beer :(

wcturnedec
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Cam

Re: Canadian Homebrew Day - June 1, 2019

Post by wcturnedec » Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 am

KMcK wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:12 pm
wcturnedec wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 pm
It looks like Upper Canadian Homebrew Day at the moment. Maybe we can change that. We've done Learn to Homebrew Day before. I can provide my backyard and gear if others want to help with the setup and demo. Is anyone interested?
Ya that looks like a fun time, I'm always up for a group brew day and like I said would be nice to see how other people brew as we can all learn a thing or two!
On tap: APA, Dubbel, Dark Mild
Fermenting: Brett Saison 2022, Schwarzbier, APA, Sour Brown,
Coming up: American Wheat (Fruited), Vienna Lager, Dortmunder
Bottled: Brett Saison 2020, Brett Saison 2021, Baltic Porter

Return to “Events”