NEW LHBS - Everwood Ave Brew Shop

GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor
Name: David Gillett

NEW LHBS - Everwood Ave Brew Shop

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 am

Hey Everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I can introduce to you Everwood Ave Brew Shop, the only LHBS that caters specifically and exclusively to home brew beer enthusiasts and beginners alike. I will officially be opening in early March, but I'm ready to jump off of the edge and put the word out. I have received great support from this community so it's only fitting that everyone here is the first to know. I am working hard on my website and soon http://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will be open and accepting orders.

Everwood Ave Brew Shop (EBS) will be an online supply store that will be fully stocked with all the ingredients, fermentation, bottling, draft and kegging supplies that we need and use in our craft. I will be starting with grains, hops, sugars, extracts, spices and yeasts but have plans to carry everything else in a couple of months. I will be stocking the everyday items plus specialty items such as camlocks, sightglasses, stainless steel fittings, yeast propagation equipment and much more.

This started as an idea some time ago and was thrust into action in late December. I have received tremendous support from the members of this community to whom I shared my idea and that spurred me to take the plunge. Although I won't be open for business for a few weeks, I already have a lot of stock and more stock arriving everyday. Here is what I am planning for the shop and what you can look forward to.

Group Buys
One of the benefits of this community is the ability to get our supplies at wholesale prices. Ever though I'm running a business I do not want to take away the history of grain and hop group buys that we have. To continue this tradition I will be working with the members of the group who have coordinated group buys in the past and we will continue to offer group buys at the same low prices and in the same manner as before. To kick-off the Everwood Ave Brew Shop I will be launching a group buy on Grains, Hops and Yeast in the near future! Watch the Group Buy forum for more info coming soon.

Great Pricing
Not only will I offer lower prices then the local competition but I will be offering a discount to every member of this community. I want to make it clear that you are my number one prioirty. I have received so much from the group and I want to give back. I also have plans for contests, give-aways and other promotions specific to our community.

Custom Items and Inventory
As mentioned I will be starting out with the essentials and quickly moving into more specific product lines unique to brewing beer. As a small business I may or may not have the item you need, but here's where you can have your say. If there is an item that you want to see in my store, just ask! I will work with my suppliers to get in that item and offer it at a great price. Can anyone say Brewnosers 2L stainless steel growlers!

Delivery and Pickup
In order to keep overhead costs down, I will not be opening a store front for EBS. And as some of you can attest, I don't live in the heart of the HRM. So I will be offering shipping to any location worldwide and when possible, I will also offer delivery within the HRM for both small and large orders. If you are in my neck of the woods just give me a call to swing by to pick up your order. I will work with you to coordinate drop-offs and group pickups. Need yeast on a Sunday night? No Problem!

For those of you who live far away from the HRM I have something special in the works. I will be offering group delivery on large orders to the far corners of the Brewnoser Community. Cape Breton, the South Shore, PEI and New Brunswick are not too far to travel to deliver your supplies. I will work with you to coordinate a group order so everyone can benefit and save on shipping. Plus, you can't exactly ship a bag of grain through Canada Post.

Thank you for taking the time to learn a bit more about the Everwood Ave Brew Shop. I am always open to ideas and comments and value your input. If you have an idea or thought, please let me know and I will do my best to incorporate it.

TimG
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Tim Gallant

Re: NEW LHBS - Everwood Ave Brew Shop

Post by TimG » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:58 am

Woo hoo! Congrats and good luck! :rockin: :rockin:

jeffsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jeff Smith

Post by jeffsmith » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:03 am

Congrats Dave! I can't even imagine how much hard work putting this all together required.

LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Derek Stapleton

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 am

Congrats Dave!
:cheers2:
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 am

Congrats!! :cheers2:
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

canuck
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Shane

Post by canuck » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 am

That's fantastic, congrats!! :cheers:

sleepyjamie
Award Winner 5
Award Winner 5
Name: jamie

Post by sleepyjamie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am

Nice
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)

RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Name: Rob

Post by RubberToe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Awesome. Congrats in your new venture, Dave!
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 pm

:spilly:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Great news, Dave! Looking forward to this new venture.

I'm not sure why the note re: "not in the heart of HRM", I find your location to be very handy! ;)

GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:40 pm

chalmers wrote:Great news, Dave! Looking forward to this new venture.

I'm not sure why the note re: "not in the heart of HRM", I find your location to be very handy! ;)
You know I added that specifically for you...that's the kind of personal service you can expect :lol:

dexter
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Phil

Post by dexter » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:57 pm

It will be great to have more options ! Congrats

wortly
Verified User
Verified User

Post by wortly » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:06 pm

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

BBrianBoogie
Verified User
Verified User

Post by BBrianBoogie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Good stuff Dave :rockin: May I suggest looking into bringing White Labs yeast in?

GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:51 pm

BBrianBoogie wrote:Good stuff Dave :rockin: May I suggest looking into bringing White Labs yeast in?
I'll be bringing in White Labs, Wyeast and Fermentis yeasts. I'm signed up for all three, just waiting for the order to arrive.

canuck
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by canuck » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 pm

Fishdisease wrote:
BBrianBoogie wrote:Good stuff Dave :rockin: May I suggest looking into bringing White Labs yeast in?
I'll be bringing in White Labs, Wyeast and Fermentis yeasts. I'm signed up for all three, just waiting for the order to arrive.
:headbang: :banana: :rockin: :cheers:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:58 pm

I just noticed is says Dave in your logo :lol:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 pm

LiverDance wrote:I just noticed is says Dave in your logo :lol:
I didn't notice it till I signed up for the domain name. I think it's awesomely cheesy. :banana:

JohnnyMac
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1

Post by JohnnyMac » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Well done Dave! Very happy to hear that things are on the launch pad for you. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help. :cheers:
"It's not about the beer. It's about the beer." - Don Younger

BBrianBoogie
Verified User
Verified User

Post by BBrianBoogie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Fishdisease wrote:
Excellent news. Not sure how often your orders are gonna be, but I'd love to get WLP510 - Bastogne at some point since there isn't a Wyeast equivalent for that one.

GillettBreweryCnslt
Vendor
Vendor

Post by GillettBreweryCnslt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 pm

BBrianBoogie wrote:
Fishdisease wrote:
Excellent news. Not sure how often your orders are gonna be, but I'd love to get WLP510 - Bastogne at some point since there isn't a Wyeast equivalent for that one.
I'll make sure I've got it for my opening day!

spears104
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jason Spears

Post by spears104 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Sounds awesome. I'm glad you will be helping us capers out!
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -

canuck
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by canuck » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Dave, any ideas yet on what pricing will be for your liquid yeasts? I'll be sure to purchase all of my liquid yeasts from you going forward! :cheers:

bluenose
Verified User
Verified User

Post by bluenose » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm

congrats and good luck
:cheers:
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

akr71
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Name: Andy

Post by akr71 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:34 pm

:spilly: :banana: :headbang: :banana: :headbang: :spilly:
Andy
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson

Return to “Gillett Brewery Consultants”