DIY 3 Tier Build

Talk about your equipment builds/modifications here
MarcNos
Name: Marcus Noseworthy

DIY 3 Tier Build

Post by MarcNos » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:47 pm

I recently got back into brewing (Last brewed extract 18 years ago)

Built myself a 3 tier system due to the fact that had room, some free steel and I didn’t know enough about electric options at the time. It was also a good chance to practice some welding.

It's somewhat modeled on Blichmann's top tier system. The system has 3 adjustable shelves and can completely dissemble for storage if I need to get it out of the way.

The top tier (HLT) and bottom (BK) have a bracket that allows the 200,00 BTU burner to be moved between the shelves.
(I'll probably eventually add a second burner at some point but this works fine for now)

Built a sparge arm and adjustable bracket (Blue) that allows me to position it pretty much anywhere I want in the mash tun.

The entire rig works very well (At least from a beginning brewer perspective.) I can add brackets, holders, shelves etc as required with relative ease. Upgrading to 10 Gal. should be relatively easy as well. (Would need bigger mash tun, possibly a bigger BK)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Name: Rob

Re: DIY 3 Tier Build

Post by RubberToe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Well done!

I just made a similar (dinkier) sparge arm. I like your idea of having it adjustable and I'm a huge fan of building things like that into a rig, that make things easier / slick / etc.

:cheers:
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”