timcress10
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Tim Cress

Where To Buy a Spa Panel

Post by timcress10 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:42 am

Howdy Brewnosers!

Happy day after St. Patrick's Day. May the hangover be worth it today :P

Just a general inquiry post aimed at those of you who have set up an electric brewery system in your homes or garages. I currently am looking at setting up a semi-portable 3 vessel electric kit which will more than likely wind up in my laundry room. I've been reading, and reading, and reading, tons of posts here, on HomeBrewTalk and over at the Electric Brewery forums on the best way to do things. Come to find out I already have a spa panel set up as a shut off for my dryer outlet, which is also 4 wired! Huzzah! Bad news is it happens to be running fuses instead of a 2pole GFCI breaker. The main breaker just has a regular 2 pole 30A breaker running to the spa panel. So my question to you all is, where is the best place to get a replacement panel and a GFCI breaker? And for a decent price? We're planning on doing a little work in the laundry room so the wall where the breaker is, covered with panelling, will be replaced with some drywall and painted, so while it's exposed we're going to make some improvements and updates. Thanks!
Tim Cress

Return to “DIY - Do It Yourself”