SMASHed Blonde

Need help with a recipe? Have leftover ingredients and don't know what to do with them? Post in here! Any of your "tried & true" recipes can go in the recipe database forum.
Icedpyre
Name: Darren

SMASHed Blonde

Post by Icedpyre » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Not sure if anyone from Noble Grape-Burnside trolls this forum. Blake/Dan, if you see this, I was too lazy to bring you a bottle...so you can just brew your own. So this was my first attempt making either a SMASH ale, or a blonde. It's actually one of the favorites of personal recipes. My wife had mixed feelings, due to the slight-moderate banana esters. First time using the MJ54 yeast, so I don't know if it came from that, or my ferm temps. I haven't made this a second time yet, so we'll see I guess. The beer was a bit hazier seeming than most of my beers, because I have no way to cold-crash, and I forgot to add gelatin. I would like some feedback, as I rarely share my beers with anyone, and this is the first recipe I've shared. I'm fine if you hate it honestly...because I love it.

Blonde Ale (18 A)

Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 23.00 L
Boil Size: 31.06 L
Boil Time: 60 min
End of Boil Vol: 29.17 L
Final Bottling Vol: 21.50 L
Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage
Est Original Gravity: 1.051 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.010 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.5 %
Bitterness: 23.6 IBUs
Est Color: 4.1 SRM
60 minute mash and boil(each)
17L mash / 15L sparge
22c fermentation for 20 days, batch primed with 150g dextrose(I forget how many volumes I aimed for. Probably around 2.4/2..5)
bottle conditioned for one month at 22c

Grain bill:
-4.9 Kg Maris otter

Hop schedule : 60m boil
60 minute - 30 g US fuggle(5%)
30 minute - 25 g fuggle
05 minute - 05 g fuggle

Yeast: Single pack of MJ54(California lager)

EDIT: Holy crap...fixing of formatting FTW.

Return to “Recipes”