2024 Cowtown Yeast Wranglers Roundup

Past, present, and upcoming competitions, as well as award winners!
edwards_josh
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Josh Edwards

2024 Cowtown Yeast Wranglers Roundup

Post by edwards_josh » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:53 pm

Cowtown Yeast Wranglers have opened registration for their 2024 Roundup

https://yeastwranglers.brewingcompetitions.com/

I've registered for a couple of entries and it just happens that I'll be traveling out to Calgary right before they're set to begin judging - I've volunteered to help with the bottle sorting and will drop my entries off in person then...

If anyone is interested in entering this competition, I could bring some other entries out to Calgary with me... so long as I can keep my luggage under WestJet's weight limits
ENTRY GUIDELINES: The deadline for receiving entries and fee payment is 16:00 on February 28, 2024.
  • Submit TWO bottles of homebrewed beer, or TWO bottles of mead, or cider per entry. Bottles will not be returned.
  • Each entry will consist of 300ml to 500ml capped bottles/cans or corked bottles that are void of ALL identifying information, including any writing or labels. Printed caps are allowed, but must be blacked out completely. 341ml brown glass bottles are preferred; however, green and clear glass or PET bottles will be accepted. Swing top bottles holding 500ml or less will likewise be accepted as well as corked bottles of the same size. 650ml bomber style bottles are not acceptable as they create issues with storing and stacking the beer.
  • To each bottle, attach a completed BJCP bottle entry label using a rubber band (tape, adhesives or glue are unacceptable. Bottles that still have commercial beer labels will be disqualified. Furthermore, BJCP labels that are taped or glued on to the bottles may also be disqualified. The BJCP labels are removed from the bottles when we sort the entries, and removing tape and adhesives is time consuming). BJCP labels, in pdf format, are available on the entry page on this site.
  • The entry fee is $10 per entry. Fees can be paid by PayPal only as this allows the software to mark your entries as paid.

mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Re: 2024 Cowtown Yeast Wranglers Roundup

Post by mumblecrunch » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:39 pm

Y'know, I think I might take you up on that generous offer. My beer would be in 341ml bottles.

edwards_josh
Verified User
Verified User

Post by edwards_josh » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:39 pm

I'm budgeting for a full case of (24) 355ml Homebrew bottles in my luggage - That's 12 entries (2 bottles each) - that should leave me enough weight/room for anything else I need to bring. So far, I have the following signed up:

Josh Edwards: 4 Entries (I can scale back to 2 entries if there is a ton of interest)
Brad Smith: 2 Entries

I'll be coming into Halifax on Feb 24 (Sat) or 25 (Sun) to drop off my Gahan entry - we can meetup then to collect the entries for Calgary.

edwards_josh
Verified User
Verified User

Post by edwards_josh » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:40 pm

mumblecrunch wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:39 pm
Y'know, I think I might take you up on that generous offer. My beer would be in 341ml bottles.
sounds good - let me know if you're in and I'll add you to the list!

Josh

edwards_josh
Verified User
Verified User

Post by edwards_josh » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:21 pm

I got a note from the Calgary competition director this afternoon:
```Tomorrow morning I will increase the entry cap for the round-up to 10 which is the last time it will be increased.

There are currently 517 of 600 entries and 487 of 550 paid entries. Once we reach 550 paid entries the competition will be sold-out.

If you have unpaid entries please pay them to secure your spot.

Was there anyone else looking to enter this one and sending your entries along with me? if so, make sure to get your entries registered and paid before its sold out

mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Post by mumblecrunch » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:54 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I've signed up and paid for one entry.

I assume I should mark my Entry Delivery as "Drop Off - Village Brewery"?

edwards_josh
Verified User
Verified User

Post by edwards_josh » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:02 pm

mumblecrunch wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:54 pm
Thanks for the reminder. I've signed up and paid for one entry.

I assume I should mark my Entry Delivery as "Drop Off - Village Brewery"?
ok, great! yeah, mark it as "Drop Off - Village Brewery" - I'll connect with you sometime during the week of Feb 19 to coordinate pick up.

Josh

Return to “Competitions & Awards”