Propeller’s Summer Seasonal Kristall Weizen Returns

Propeller Brewing
Vendor
Vendor
Name: Andrew Cooper

Propeller’s Summer Seasonal Kristall Weizen Returns

Post by Propeller Brewing » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 am

Kristall Weizen Returns

Propeller Brewing Company is embracing the arrival of summer heat and warm temperatures the return of the brewery’s summer seasonal Propeller Kristall Weizen, a light coloured thirst quenching wheat beer. Propeller introduced this popular summer style last year and it was well received by beer lovers and summer drink shoppers alike.

This week, the brewery releases single serve 500ml bottles of Kristall Weizen to 28 NSLC stores as well as private retailers.

“This time of year you want a lighter, quaffable drink, something you’d pour after mowing the lawn on a 30-degree day” says Bobby Zacharias, Production Manager at Propeller. “Kristall Weizen is the perfect summer drink.”

While summer beers often come with unusual, perhaps even gimmicky flavours Propeller takes a classic approach. Kristall Weizen is a “spinoff” of sorts. It is the filtered version of Propeller’s Hefeweizen. Zacharias explains “filtering this product results in an entirely different drinking experience. The banana and clove characteristics are more subtle in this filtered version.” The style is common in Europe, many producers include both Hefe (unfiltered) and Kristall (filtered) Weizens in their repertoires.

Rotating seasonal offerings are proving successful for Propeller with many NSLC stores selling out of Propeller seasonal releases as fast as they get them on the shelves. “As well as giving more people an opportunity to try brands that have until now have only been available at Gottingen St. brewery, it gives us a chance to experiment with new styles and test the market” Says Andrew Cooper , Sales and Marketing Manager at Propeller.Image

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Re: Propeller’s Summer Seasonal Kristall Weizen Returns

Post by mr x » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Do you keep a list of which NSLC stores and private retailers where this will be available?
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:13 pm

I'll have to pick myself up a bottle or two of this :mebeer:

Propeller Brewing
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Propeller Brewing » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:19 pm

mr x wrote:Do you keep a list of which NSLC stores and private retailers where this will be available?
Here is a link to the NSLC page click "find it" for stores carrying Kristall Weizen http://www.mynslc.com/Products/PID-1012094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . It should be at all the privates by next week (Premier & Cristall & Luckett already have stock).

Tony L
Award Winner 10
Award Winner 10

Post by Tony L » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:32 pm

It sucks that we can`t get Propeller over this way very often. That looks like a tasty brew.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:35 am

Propeller Brewing wrote:
mr x wrote:Do you keep a list of which NSLC stores and private retailers where this will be available?
Here is a link to the NSLC page click "find it" for stores carrying Kristall Weizen http://www.mynslc.com/Products/PID-1012094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . It should be at all the privates by next week (Premier & Cristall & Luckett already have stock).
Christ I hate they way they organize that website. They should just list all the stores instead of only up to 25km from your target location. :rocky:
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

Propeller Brewing
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Propeller Brewing » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:39 am

mr x wrote:
Propeller Brewing wrote:
Christ I hate they way they organize that website. They should just list all the stores instead of only up to 25km from your target location. :rocky:
They do... If you don't select anything the full list is below the search tools just scroll down. Kristall is only showing stock at 2 NSLC stores right now. It should update shortly for you.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 pm

It looks to me that you have to select either 10 or 25 km...

Propeller Brewing
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Propeller Brewing » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 pm

mr x wrote:It looks to me that you have to select either 10 or 25 km...
Just searched a few different products that way and it worked here... That's odd.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm

As soon as I hit the 'Find it' button, the new search page comes up with 10km pre-selected in Firefox. There is no way to clear it without selecting 25km.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm

mr x wrote:As soon as I hit the 'Find it' button, the new search page comes up with 10km pre-selected in Firefox. There is no way to clear it without selecting 25km.
I don't think that "10 km" that is pre-selected is actually active at the time. I think it only applies once you enter a postal code. Once they update the page with all the stores carrying it, it should list everything below that search function and only after entering a postal code/city should it filter out by location.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:03 pm

For example, when I click "find it" on the Propeller Special Bitter, this is what comes up:

http://www.mynslc.com/Pages/ProductAvai ... Id=1000776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then I can filter by city/postal code.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:12 pm

ok, my bad. :silent:

Propeller Brewing
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Propeller Brewing » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:17 pm

mr x wrote:As soon as I hit the 'Find it' button, the new search page comes up with 10km pre-selected in Firefox. There is no way to clear it without selecting 25km.
But "Any" is pre-selected for city/town right? ie. NSLC within 10km of any city/town.The list of stores should be right below (currently only 2 NSLC's are showing stock of Kristall Weizen in the province). As it updates you will see more listings.

Return to “Propeller Brewing Company”