Propeller Lambic!!!

BobbyOK
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Propeller Lambic!!!

Post by BobbyOK » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:16 am

Did the last one (or was it two?) ever get released?

BBrianBoogie
Verified User
Verified User

Post by BBrianBoogie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:34 am

Nope. From what I hear, the others will not be released at all. Too bad, it's a shame the base beer wasn't one of the releases. I remember someone mentioning that they went quite acetic, but that's certainly not confirmation as such.

Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Jayme

Post by Jayme » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 pm

I pulled my bottle of both from the cellar recently. If I can remember, I'll try and post my opinion on how they're holding up.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

mikeorr
Award Winner 3
Award Winner 3
Name: Michael Orr

Post by mikeorr » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:34 pm

BBrianBoogie wrote:Nope. From what I hear, the others will not be released at all. Too bad, it's a shame the base beer wasn't one of the releases. I remember someone mentioning that they went quite acetic, but that's certainly not confirmation as such.
I heard a rumour that there was an issue with temperature control where it was being stored, and high temps ruined the remaining batches... No idea if that's true, though.

BobbyOK
Verified User
Verified User

Post by BobbyOK » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:55 am

Hmm, that's somewhat different than the explanation I heard for the original delays. The problem at that time was that they weren't carbonating. Unless they decided to up the temperature in storage to help that along and it caused the other issue. And maybe it was two different issues given there was supposedly a Kriek as well as the unfruited version.

Mike, your story sounds like exactly what happened to Drie Fonteinen a couple years back. They had a storage area temperature malfunction and the temp went up to 90 F for several days. Ruined several batches. I heard they planned to distill it into some sort of Eau de Vie to try and salvage something out of it, not sure what the end result was. If Propeller hasn't dumped everything, maybe they could try that.

Jayme
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Jayme

Post by Jayme » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:06 am

When I was at Drie last summer, they still had some of the aforementioned Eau de Vie (not sure if it's still the original 2009 batch, or if they've been continuing to produce it - doubtful on the later) - so I'm guessing it hasn't been selling well (I have a vague memory of reading somewhere that it's pure firewater).
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)

Return to “Propeller Brewing Company”