Page 1 of 1

'Old' books on homebrewing

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 am
by akr71
I found these titles while browsing the Project Gutenberg site:
A Treatise on Brewing Beer from 1796
The Art of Making Whiskey from 1819

I'm only a couple pages into the first one, and I doubt I'll learn anything that I can put into any practical use, but its an interesting read.

Edit: A couple more
The London & Country Brewer 1736
A Study of American Beers & Ales 1917, a report from the US Sept of Agriculture

Re: 'Old' books on homebrewing

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:29 pm
by KMcK
Hopefully Project Gutenberg will get hold of Keith's log books.

Re: 'Old' books on homebrewing

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:17 pm
by akr71
KMcK wrote:Hopefully Project Gutenberg will get hold of Keith's log books.
:cheers2:

Only if some anonymous person happened to scan them when they were available to the public... :silent: