Page 1 of 1
White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:49 pm
by mikeorr
White Labs is releasing some of their banked strains on an on-demand basis:
http://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-vault" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some interesting sounding stuff in there...
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:01 pm
by Lucas
The New Nordic Blend sounds pretty neat. The FAQ says they don't ship internationally, but it does say to send them an email if you are interested, so maybe it could be done.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:27 pm
by mikeorr
Yeah, I saw that too. Perhaps if there's interest Everwood could bring some in.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:32 pm
by KMcK
Perhaps a group buy approach would ease their shipping concerns. I can inquire and organize it if there's local interest.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 pm
by MitchK
I'd try out that high pressure lager yeast... Being able to go grain to glass on 4 gallons in a keg in under two weeks for a lager is insane.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:29 pm
by KMcK
MitchK wrote:I'd try out that high pressure lager yeast...
Yeah, I definitely want to try that one.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:55 pm
by jtmwhyte
I'd take a few of assorted strains
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:39 pm
by Lucas
I'm probably in for a couple of vials too.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:45 pm
by Jayme
I'd be in for some vials.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 pm
by KMcK
Upon taking a second look I saw that each strain will be reproduced once its order hits 250 and shipped separately. Therefore the group buy idea doesn't work unless a lot of us want the same strain. Asking Dave to see if he can get them with his regular shipments from White Labs is a better idea.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:37 am
by BBrianBoogie
Definitely in for some.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 am
by GillettBreweryCnslt
I can definitely look into bring this in for you guys. I just brought in a WL order but if we get enough interest I can bring in another one. Shipping just becomes more bearable as the order quantity increases.
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:09 am
by Jayme
How often do you place yeast orders? Personally, I'm in no rush at all. Can't speak for everyone else though of course!
Re: White Labs yeast vault
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:57 am
by GillettBreweryCnslt
Usually every 2-3 months. Depends on how quickly they sell. Next one will probably be in Feb if it runs its natural course.