Page 1 of 1

Old style keg... converted for electric brewery filter ideas

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:50 pm
by mindless2
I've just done a mass upgrade .. made a mash tun, counterflow chiller, electric hlt and electric keggle!!

almost ready for testing!!
The tubing for the hlt is rather simple.. straight tube drawing from bottom center...

But I'm looking for ideas for the keggle... due to the style bottom, I was thinking of using a T and some curved copper then some braided tubing to sir I the outer dip, essentially sitting circular in the outer dip.

Maybe I'm totally off track??
Just looking for suggestions. ...
20150929_163219.jpg
20150929_161307.jpg
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Re: Old style keg... converted for electric brewery filter i

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:55 pm
by joe_r_harvie
I use a copper tube with cut slats on the bottom. It T's into a braided line. All sit in a steel screen door bag I sewed together. They last pretty good. I've made 3 in about 125 batches. The screen door rips and tears. Will try to send a pic.

Re: Old style keg... converted for electric brewery filter i

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:06 pm
by joe_r_harvie
can't figure out how to add pic. a little slow. anyway it holds out most hops and cold break.

Re: Old style keg... converted for electric brewery filter i

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:09 pm
by mindless2
so a braided line, wrapped in a screen? hops dont clog it?

Re: Old style keg... converted for electric brewery filter i

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 pm
by joe_r_harvie
that's right. I have never had any hop clogging as long as the braided line is kept clean. My runnings (other than first cup or so) are clear. My yeast cakes have no hop particles. I think it is the filter that gives me the clarity. You can buy them but making is easy. I have a picture but I can't figure out how to post it.

Re: Old style keg... converted for electric brewery filter i

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 pm
by mindless2
i'll pm you my email address...

Re: Old style keg... converted for electric brewery filter i

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:00 pm
by mindless2
was going to build a hop spider , but this may be a better idea!!