Blowoff Cleaning

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
Name: Derek Stapleton
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Blowoff Cleaning

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:19 am

I soak mine in PBW - usually does the trick. I don't use the hose for anything but blowoff though.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

User avatar
Lucas
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 am
Name: Lucas
Location: Winnipeg

Re: Blowoff Cleaning

Post by Lucas » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:09 am

Yeah, tubing is fairly cheap. If you are tired of paying a couple of dollars for 5-6ft at a homebrew store you can always go to a hardware store and buy it by the foot! I would soak this length of tubing in PBW and buy some fresh tubing to save for transfering/bottling if you are worried about it.
Enjoying: Black Sheep (Dark Farmhouse with Brett)
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone

User avatar
McGruff
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:46 am
Name: Chris Storey
Location: Cavan, Ontario

Re: Blowoff Cleaning

Post by McGruff » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:08 am

I use a plastic fitting that screws on my laundry tub tap. I run hot water through it and it comes clean in no time.

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: Blowoff Cleaning

Post by GAM » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 am

Bleach works too.

S

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests