One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..AGAIN
-
fever31
- Verified User

- Posts: 47
- Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 am
One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..AGAIN
Every Christmas I get my choice of a beer kit which I pick out and make over the Christams break...Not this year...Not that I did not try...Usually shop at Sackville or Old Quinpool...But Sackville did not have what I was looking for and twice tried to get to the new location of the Quinpool road store but no place to park in lot or street both times...So I make my way to Lacewood again no Best Case that I was looking for so after convincing the staff that the one I was looking for was not a seasonal only kit they looked in the book and found it and I asked to have one made for me and would pick it up 3 pm next day...I arrive at 345 and it was just being put together...Had an chiro appointment in in Fall River at 415 and could not stay and not able to make it back Wed for the kit...So I go without...Bah Humbug...

- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Do you brew all grain? and if so what type of beer are you looking for?
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

-
the-mailman
- Verified User

- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm
- Name: Bruce Mailman
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Have to agree with you that the Quinpool store move was not a good idea. There was always parking at the old location but almost never any at the new location. I'll go to Lacewood instead. Maybe they'll be open on Saturday and you can still get your brew on. I'm hoping Santa will leave a brew under the tree for me to make.
Currently on tap:
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
- LeafMan66_67
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 4600
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
- Name: Derek Stapleton
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Personally I like the new location - a bit bigger than the old store, and I've had no problems parking on the street both times I've been there (haven't tried the lot).the-mailman wrote:Have to agree with you that the Quinpool store move was not a good idea. There was always parking at the old location but almost never any at the new location. I'll go to Lacewood instead. Maybe they'll be open on Saturday and you can still get your brew on. I'm hoping Santa will leave a brew under the tree for me to make.
Sucks about the beer kit, but it is a busy time of year for everyone. Not an excuse, just an observation.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Last year I took a box of chocolates to the staff at Coldbrook NG, to say thanks for the fantastic service through the year and Merry Christmas. I feel for anyone in retail at this time of year. I feel sorry for shoppers too, tearing around trying to get everything done. Everyone is already stretched to the max through the year then Christmas comes and all of a sudden everyone has to do twice as much with no extra resources.
Roll on tomorrow morning and hopefully we can all relax and frantically cook a huge Christmas dinner or something.

Roll on tomorrow morning and hopefully we can all relax and frantically cook a huge Christmas dinner or something.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
- darciandjenn
- Verified User

- Posts: 365
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:05 pm
- Name: Jennifer & Darci Shaw
- Location: Halifax
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
I also really like the new NG location on Oxford. That being said, they did have some trouble getting stock in when they first re-opened, but Shean and Peter have always been great to us when we shop there. (There are other employees that are great too, but I don't know their names
)
FYI, you can put together any recipe kit you want yourself - it just won't be "best case" branded. All of the recipes are in a binder in back where they keep the beer supplies.
FYI, you can put together any recipe kit you want yourself - it just won't be "best case" branded. All of the recipes are in a binder in back where they keep the beer supplies.
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Let me know what you are looking for. I know a guy.
Sandy
Sandy
- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
I believe Best Case is extract, Keith. Why not check out Everwood Avenue Brew Shop?Keith wrote:Do you brew all grain? and if so what type of beer are you looking for?
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
- CorneliusAlphonse
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2988
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
that sucks. shitty service.
not to take away from that, but parking i find way easier at the new oxford location. there is always somewhere on the street on oxford, allan, oak or kline street. they're all within 100m. the stores have been crazy hectic the last couple weeks though, staff have been very busy i'd say.
not to take away from that, but parking i find way easier at the new oxford location. there is always somewhere on the street on oxford, allan, oak or kline street. they're all within 100m. the stores have been crazy hectic the last couple weeks though, staff have been very busy i'd say.
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
-
the-mailman
- Verified User

- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm
- Name: Bruce Mailman
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
I never tried to park that far away. I've never tried to carry a festa kit more than a 100 feet let alone a 100m. lol
Currently on tap:
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
- LeafMan66_67
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 4600
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
- Name: Derek Stapleton
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Chances are that they would lend you a hand truck / dollie to get you out to your car.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato
-
HappyHopper
- Verified User

- Posts: 311
- Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 pm
- Name: Jonathan - Sober Island Brewing Company
- Location: Halifax
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
What kit are you looking for? Sorry for the blunder but hopfully you can appreciate the strain there is last minute during the holidays. I'll look into the disconnect, 24 hours notice certainly should be enough time to make that request happen. In fact thank you for being one of the only considerate people to give is that much time!fever31 wrote:Every Christmas I get my choice of a beer kit which I pick out and make over the Christams break...Not this year...Not that I did not try...Usually shop at Sackville or Old Quinpool...But Sackville did not have what I was looking for and twice tried to get to the new location of the Quinpool road store but no place to park in lot or street both times...So I make my way to Lacewood again no Best Case that I was looking for so after convincing the staff that the one I was looking for was not a seasonal only kit they looked in the book and found it and I asked to have one made for me and would pick it up 3 pm next day...I arrive at 345 and it was just being put together...Had an chiro appointment in in Fall River at 415 and could not stay and not able to make it back Wed for the kit...So I go without...Bah Humbug...![]()
![]()
I'll tell you what let me know what kit it is you want, and I'll get it to you free of charge tomorrow. Send me a pm with your address and we will sort out a time.
Cheers,
Jonathan
In bottle:Up the Kriek without a mash paddle, (insert Witty name)pumpkin lambic
On Tap:
Fermenting/Conditioning:
Future Projects:Chimney Sweepers Wife dark peated Scottish Heavy, Ginger bread brown, Home for the holidays spiced rum Brown Ale, Black Eye RyePA, Black Ryno Swartzbeir
Beer Laid To Rest (brewed it, drank it, loved it)Malt-n-lava AIPA, Single hop Citra pale ale, Belgian Blond, deforestation Ale Spruce Rye IPA,
On Tap:
Fermenting/Conditioning:
Future Projects:Chimney Sweepers Wife dark peated Scottish Heavy, Ginger bread brown, Home for the holidays spiced rum Brown Ale, Black Eye RyePA, Black Ryno Swartzbeir
Beer Laid To Rest (brewed it, drank it, loved it)Malt-n-lava AIPA, Single hop Citra pale ale, Belgian Blond, deforestation Ale Spruce Rye IPA,
- jacinthebox
- Award Winner 16

- Posts: 3047
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
- Name: Justin
- Location: Hubley
- Contact:
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Hey santa...got any fast fermenters in that bag? Gratis lolHappyHopper wrote:What kit are you looking for? Sorry for the blunder but hopfully you can appreciate the strain there is last minute during the holidays. I'll look into the disconnect, 24 hours notice certainly should be enough time to make that request happen. In fact thank you for being one of the only considerate people to give is that much time!fever31 wrote:Every Christmas I get my choice of a beer kit which I pick out and make over the Christams break...Not this year...Not that I did not try...Usually shop at Sackville or Old Quinpool...But Sackville did not have what I was looking for and twice tried to get to the new location of the Quinpool road store but no place to park in lot or street both times...So I make my way to Lacewood again no Best Case that I was looking for so after convincing the staff that the one I was looking for was not a seasonal only kit they looked in the book and found it and I asked to have one made for me and would pick it up 3 pm next day...I arrive at 345 and it was just being put together...Had an chiro appointment in in Fall River at 415 and could not stay and not able to make it back Wed for the kit...So I go without...Bah Humbug...![]()
![]()
![]()
I'll tell you what let me know what kit it is you want, and I'll get it to you free of charge tomorrow. Send me a pm with your address and we will sort out a time.
Cheers,
Jonathan
Brathair Brewing
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
You got put on the naughty list though IIRC. 
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
- amartin
- Award Winner 8

- Posts: 1765
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Bah, I like the Quinpool/Oxford location. It's hard to find parking at any place in the city core, and they do have a small lot, which is more than a lot of places have. There's still plenty of parking on the side streets too. I think they had to move though, everybody's out of the old building. I think it's getting knocked down sometime soon. Peter and Shean and that other guy who knows about wine whose name I forget do a good job.
- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Good on Noble Grape for making this right, btw
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
-
HappyHopper
- Verified User

- Posts: 311
- Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 pm
- Name: Jonathan - Sober Island Brewing Company
- Location: Halifax
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
amartin wrote:Bah, I like the Quinpool/Oxford location. It's hard to find parking at any place in the city core, and they do have a small lot, which is more than a lot of places have. There's still plenty of parking on the side streets too. I think they had to move though, everybody's out of the old building. I think it's getting knocked down sometime soon. Peter and Shean and that other guy who knows about wine whose name I forget do a good job.
It's Steve!
In bottle:Up the Kriek without a mash paddle, (insert Witty name)pumpkin lambic
On Tap:
Fermenting/Conditioning:
Future Projects:Chimney Sweepers Wife dark peated Scottish Heavy, Ginger bread brown, Home for the holidays spiced rum Brown Ale, Black Eye RyePA, Black Ryno Swartzbeir
Beer Laid To Rest (brewed it, drank it, loved it)Malt-n-lava AIPA, Single hop Citra pale ale, Belgian Blond, deforestation Ale Spruce Rye IPA,
On Tap:
Fermenting/Conditioning:
Future Projects:Chimney Sweepers Wife dark peated Scottish Heavy, Ginger bread brown, Home for the holidays spiced rum Brown Ale, Black Eye RyePA, Black Ryno Swartzbeir
Beer Laid To Rest (brewed it, drank it, loved it)Malt-n-lava AIPA, Single hop Citra pale ale, Belgian Blond, deforestation Ale Spruce Rye IPA,
-
the-mailman
- Verified User

- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm
- Name: Bruce Mailman
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Well done Nobel Grape for coming through and making a brewers Christmas.
Currently on tap:
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
-
fever31
- Verified User

- Posts: 47
- Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 am
Re: One less Christmas gift...Thanks Lacewood Noble Grape..A
Thank you Johnathan and Noble Grape for your follow up with this matter...Much Appriciated...Also thank you all the Brewnosers and their support and comments on this thread, nice to have a great community for support...John
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests