Page 1 of 1

Beerstone - 2

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:55 pm
by Timothy Doane
Okay, I got some sodium hydroxide, now does anyone have an idea on the concentration?

Re: Beerstone - 2

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:38 pm
by mr x
I use it @ 11%, but that's probably overkill. This will be good for the stuff that isn't beerstone, as per the last thread.

Re: Beerstone - 2

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 pm
by Timothy Doane
Thanks for the reply, so 11% eh? I was hoping for a mixing ratio, you know, so much per litre. Do you think you could help me out?

Re: Beerstone - 2

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 pm
by NASH
Definitely overkill at 11%. In breweries we use it at around 1 - 1.5 % on everything. And as Xman said, it's for organics not beer stone :cheers2:

Do you know the concentration of the stuff you have?

Re: Beerstone - 2

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 pm
by Timothy Doane
The package doesn't say the concentration, I used 1/2 a cup to 10 L and it peeled off the beer stone like magic!

Re: Beerstone - 2

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 am
by mr x
That's the main thing. The gunk is gone and you didn't go blind. Can't ask for more than that.