Rapt pill maiden voyage

A spot to talk general homebrew
walker1
Name: Rob

Re: Rapt pill maiden voyage

Post by walker1 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:29 am

Thanks for those responses. I did find a video where they unplugged the power and then had 10 minute window to join in the portal so I will try again.
No light on either unit the AM so they should be fully charged . I will update when I get time to try again. Hoping to brew saturday!

Naboo
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: David

Post by Naboo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:53 am

marshydope wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:07 am
So I did the standard calibration in tapwater at 20C before firing it into the fermenter on Saturday. I had read 1.068 with a hydrometer (dead on beersmith target, so apparently my profile works) but the pill was reading like 1.093. I pitched kveik Voss so it fermented pretty quickly and the lower gravity readings seem to line up better, which makes sense given the calibration point is at 1.000. watching that curve drop hour after hour is pretty great, even if the absolute values are a bit off!

I've read a couple of other posts about people having similar issues with accuracy but I'm not sure if there's a silver bullet fix. Did anyone try the advanced calibration? Any chance I managed to assemble the thing backwards?
I know this is a VERY old post but I'm using a new Rapt Pill for the first time and got similar results. Standard calibration done with tapwater seemed to work fine. OG on the hydrometer was 1.048 but when the Rapt Pill reading came back it was at 1.090. 4 days in and it is now at 1.059 (this is a fast acting yeast). Do I just take the drop in gravity and apply that to my OG hydrometer reading? Did you ever get the pill calibrated to report the correct SG?

Thanks,

David

Peterpasha
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Peter Greathead

Post by Peterpasha » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:21 am

I pitched the Rapt Pill in favour of the Plaato Airlock which is infinitely easier to both setup and monitor
On Tap:
Irreplaceable Pale Ale
On Deck:

Fermenting
Black IPA
Planning
Irish Red Ale

Bradbrewsbeer
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Brad

Post by Bradbrewsbeer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:52 pm

I calibrated mine a few times and never got exact readings through the app. I just used it to monitor when fermentation started slowed and stopped
Kegged - Cold IPA, NEIPA, Fieldberry Wheat, Dark Abbey Ale, Apple Pear Cider, American Lager, American Stout, Belgian Wit

Naboo
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: David

Post by Naboo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:55 am

Thanks guys. I'm not ready to ditch something I just paid out $70 on. It will still be useful to know when the gravity has stabilised but I was hoping for more than that when I bought it.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”