Cleaning beer lines, kegs and taps ...newbie

A spot to talk general homebrew
cmaclaren@gmail.com
Name: Corey

Cleaning beer lines, kegs and taps ...newbie

Post by cmaclaren@gmail.com » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:40 pm

After noon all,

New to the group/ kegging world , and looking for advice on cleaning, sanitizing general maintenance on a kegerator with 2 taps. 1 sanke 1 corny connectors. Looking for options for flushing lines and cleaning lines with minimal mess of cleaning product as well as minimal disturbance to the tower. There was YouTuber that used a pump type spray bottle with some fittings and tubing to allow the flush...which worked, but messy as hell and would work in a garage type environment, not a home bar setup.! Looking forward to any advice!! Thanks!

McGruff
Name: Chris Storey

Re: Cleaning beer lines, kegs and taps ...newbie

Post by McGruff » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:49 am

I add beer line cleaner to a spare keg and with the help of C02, flush my lines and taps. However, I do take apart my taps and quick disconnects because there is always some junk inside them that flushing lines doesn't catch.

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike E.

Post by Celiacbrew » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:27 pm

https://www.kegerators.com/articles/cle ... egerators/

If you want it to be mess free this is what you want. You clean the faucet separately and daisy chain your lines together using a jumper. The jumper looks like two ball lock posts squished together. I looked for one on obk but can’t remember what they are called.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

Nicarus
Name: Nicholas Maillet

Post by Nicarus » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:56 pm

McGruff wrote:I add beer line cleaner to a spare keg and with the help of C02, flush my lines and taps. However, I do take apart my taps and quick disconnects because there is always some junk inside them that flushing lines doesn't catch.
Any beer line cleaner recommendations? Thinking just an Amazon product will do but if you know of one better than the other I'd be happy to hear. I've just been pushing pink powder solution, then a lot of hot water, then starsan through them but if there is a better way I'd love to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G996W using Tapatalk

GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Sandy MacNeil

Post by GAM » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:18 pm

I have used BL cleaner, PBW and Oxyclean.

Full rinse after of course.

S

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”