Page 1 of 1

Boy am I dumb

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:18 pm
by Tim Gregory
I've never been able to get my grain mill to work with a drill before so I always have to crush manually. It hook up the grill and get it going and it would just fire the grain through untouched. Tonight I had a lot to do, so I decided I'd try again. Another failure... turn on the drill and it just starts shooting grains through whole. Then I realize the drill has a forward and a reverse setting. Once I got that figured out I crushed it all in about 2 minutes. So probably about 15 batches I did manually needlessly.

On the plus side my right arm is ripped now. :rocky:

Re: Boy am I dumb

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:26 pm
by KMcK
Thanks for the laugh! The beer quality didn't suffer, though.

Your problem may have been hooking up the grain mill to a grill instead of a drill.

Re: Boy am I dumb

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:53 am
by chalmers
We're all still learning, even award winners! :)

Re: Boy am I dumb

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:56 am
by mr x
:slap: yup

Re: Boy am I dumb

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:28 am
by Tony L
Well at least now you know :-)
I motorized my mill last week and when I had wired it all up, it wouldn't work. I almost tore the little hair I have left out of my head trying to figure
out if I had wired it wrong. Even posted to the MoB for help, when I decided to have another look and found 1 wire had not been secured good enough
and had come loose. I reconnected it and it works great. Don't have to worry about burning out my 18v drill now. I have it hooked up to a 105 RPM gear
motor with reverse.