Page 1 of 1

Brewing with Starchy adjuncts

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:04 pm
by KB1138
Does anyone have any experience with using starchy vegetable adjuncts in beer? I'm planning a sweet potato porter and trying to determine the best way of going about this. My plan currently is to boil ~1kg of sweet potato, mash them until smooth and then add that to the mash. Then proceed as usual from there. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if there's any advice they could offer on the matter.

Re: Brewing with Starchy adjuncts

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:29 pm
by mthibodeau
I used pumpkin like that one time, I didn't bother to mash it up, just roasted, and cubed it. Make sure to use rice hulls in the mash

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk


Re: Brewing with Starchy adjuncts

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 am
by jacinthebox
I use Cavasa starch (tapioca) in my Jamacian lager. I use a few pounds of 6row and a step mash to help convert