2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

A spot to talk general homebrew

Beer Styles

Brewers Choice
18
82%
Random Selection
2
9%
Secret Santa (Someone else picks your style)
2
9%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
Name: Derek
Location: Truro, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Woody » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:08 am

Count me in. # 3

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by GAM » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:13 am

Just fit me in where you can.

Sandy

User avatar
HoweFox
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Hammonds Plains

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by HoweFox » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:35 am

I would like to join as well. I am hoping to attend more brewnoser events this year.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk
https://PrivateLadyEscorts.com - Local Chat Dating - No Verify - Anonymous Sex Dating - No Bots Dating Chat

User avatar
bluenose
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:49 pm
Location: New Glasgow

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by bluenose » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:41 am

7 if it's available... Should we draw for styles?

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:43 am

I'll bump my spot for ya lol. Doesn't really matter to me. Draw for style is possible, however with 24 different brewers, I'm sure we will get a really great mix.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

redoubt
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm
Name: Kirsten & Keely
Location: Cambridge

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by redoubt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 am

We'll take #10. :)

User avatar
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 4014
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Sprybeeria

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by LiverDance » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:41 pm

I'll take 24 :spilly:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

User avatar
chicanuck
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by chicanuck » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Cool idea, I am in and would request #23.

- chicanuck

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:03 pm

5 users still need to select numbers (or I can provide), and 5 spots remain open. Really great feed back on this. Didn't expect this sort of turn around this quick. :cheers2: to everyone!
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by jacinthebox » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:21 pm

If we are not picking styles...I have an off style in mind for this...brewed it already a few times...
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by GAM » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:30 pm

GuingesRock Come on, you know you want to.

Sandy

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm all in for the mystery of it and seeing what everyone enjoys brewing to share. I know we won't hit all the styles, but definately get a mix of great beers.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:35 pm

GAM wrote:GuingesRock Come on, you know you want to.

Sandy
I'm hoping he jumps in on this. :headbang:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jeffsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Name: Jeff Smith
Location: Amherst, NS
Contact:

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by jeffsmith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:38 pm

I'll take 21.

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by GuingesRock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks Sandy, Keith. I think it’s a great idea, really, and very community spirited to try each other’s beers. I thought the feedback part of it might spoil the fun, which is why I was hesitating. It might evolve into a beer competition/popularity contest.

Supposing the guy on the 23rd is popular on here, or been here a while, and makes a good beer, and he gets 25 raving reviews, and the guy on the 24th is new, really excited about his beer, and gets only one review that says “couldn’t drink it”. It would ruin that guy’s Christmas.

Put me down for #1 please. I trust you Keith to make sure this is a lot of fun for everyone. With you in charge I’m sure it will be.

:cheers2:
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't think it's so much about a hardcore review process, more of a community spirited event. We know going in we have a range of brewers, style preferences, and knowledge. Judging\commenting is a bonus so we can take away a unbiased review of our product. Overall with the community I can count on constructive feedback and reviews good or bad.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by chalmers » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I can't tell from the thread what the timeline of the exchange will be, did you have one in mind? Assuming it's far enough off, I'd be game. Don't care which number.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm thinking we do the drop off early nov and have pick up mid nov. That way there is lots of time for people to get their beers down and back to them if they are further out.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

chalmers
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
Contact:

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by chalmers » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Oh geez, right, the 2014 Advent didn't clue me in, obviously. Sounds good, sign me up!

User avatar
bluenose
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:49 pm
Location: New Glasgow

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by bluenose » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:40 pm

I didn't know someone had spoken for #7, so I'm ok with whatever draw I get.

I'm also ok with brewing whatever you want

As for feedback, maybe we could give each brewer the option to receive it. I'd certainly like to have 23 reviews, you can even pm me if you want to be totally honest :spilly:
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:45 pm

I was #7, but it didn't matter to me, I just threw my name in. I've already re-selected. :cheers2: Just to fill the last 3 spots.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

redoubt
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm
Name: Kirsten & Keely
Location: Cambridge

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by redoubt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:38 pm

keithforbes wrote:Just to fill the last 3 spots.
That filled up fast! I'm sure it won't be long til the last three sign up.

What a great idea, Keith. Thanks for this. :)

-Kirsten

User avatar
CartoonCod
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 am
Name: Adam Comeau
Location: Halifax

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by CartoonCod » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 pm

For the types of beer that are brewed, will it be brewers choice or are there going to be categories?

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Personally I'm up for brewers choice, or random selection. I should put up a poll and let the co$$unity decide.
I'm on my phone so will complete in the am.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

jmacdonald
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:21 am
Name: Jeff
Location: Amherst, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by jmacdonald » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:30 am

Put me down for a number, always down for sampling and getting feedback!

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests