New 20L Steel Hoop Oak Barrels - $100
-
chalmers
- Moderator

- Posts: 5604
- Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
- Name: Chris
- Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
- Contact:
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: New 20L Steel Hoop Oak Barrels - $100
Not sure yet. I'll know more once it's available.chalmers wrote:What kind of wine?
-
chalmers
- Moderator

- Posts: 5604
- Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
- Name: Chris
- Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
- Contact:
Re: New 20L Steel Hoop Oak Barrels - $100
Just thinking about our plans for the barrel in the other thread.
Roughly speaking,
White wine = straight lambic, saison.
Red wine = Flanders red, maybe a darker beer
Roughly speaking,
White wine = straight lambic, saison.
Red wine = Flanders red, maybe a darker beer
Co-author of Atlantic Canada Beer Blog
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: New 20L Steel Hoop Oak Barrels - $100
Yeah, I did see that. So typically, you would want to do a sour if you're using a wine barrel? As you can tell, I haven't researched this much 
-
RossBee
- Verified User

- Posts: 551
- Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm
- Name: Steffen Rosswog
- Location: Baie Verte, NB
Re: New 20L Steel Hoop Oak Barrels - $100
Country Malt Group has 53 gallon used Jack Daniel's barrels for $155.
The last batch I bought from Glenora in Mabou (used) were $115.
An alternative to the oak barrel would be either the honey-comb or spiral wood inserts, also available from Country Malt.

The last batch I bought from Glenora in Mabou (used) were $115.
An alternative to the oak barrel would be either the honey-comb or spiral wood inserts, also available from Country Malt.
Why brew beer I can buy?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests