Brew hardware order
-
B-boy
- Verified User

- Posts: 105
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:22 pm
- Name: Brent Darbyson
Brew hardware order
Just putting a feeler out. I am in need of some silver solder and flux but can't find any locally so I'm going to place an order with Brewhardware.com. If anyone would like to tack onto my order let me know in the next few days.
- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Brew hardware order
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bernz ... pa09TFIhYc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check your local CT
Check your local CT
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: Brew hardware order
I had terrible luck with that kit, i went through the whole role of solder and the joint sucked. I re did them all with the stay brite kit.
It was a great source of aggravation for me at the time.
It was a great source of aggravation for me at the time.
-
B-boy
- Verified User

- Posts: 105
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:22 pm
- Name: Brent Darbyson
Re: Brew hardware order
I saw that on their site but in the Q&A section someone asks if this will work for stainless kettle and fitting and they are directed to a different product. have you used this before?
"Answer:
You may want to consider brazing for a stainless steel application. if you go with brazing, you will need the nickel/Silver brazing rod which is model# NS3 and you will need a High Activity Stainless Steel liquid Flux. You can get this type of flux from other manufactures including our sister company Worthington 1955. The product # for Worthington is 331929 in the US or 334053 in Canada.The process of brazing is much like soldering only at a higher temperature and with greater tensile strength."
"Answer:
You may want to consider brazing for a stainless steel application. if you go with brazing, you will need the nickel/Silver brazing rod which is model# NS3 and you will need a High Activity Stainless Steel liquid Flux. You can get this type of flux from other manufactures including our sister company Worthington 1955. The product # for Worthington is 331929 in the US or 334053 in Canada.The process of brazing is much like soldering only at a higher temperature and with greater tensile strength."
-
B-boy
- Verified User

- Posts: 105
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:22 pm
- Name: Brent Darbyson
Re: Brew hardware order
Mark did you buy the stay brite locally or online?
-
AllanMar
- Verified User

- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:16 pm
- Name: Allan
- Location: Dartmouth, NS
Re: Brew hardware order
I've got lots of the flux, bought a big bottle from ebay awhile ago. Getting low on solder, so your on your own there. I believe the flux is the most important part here though, other silver solders will likely work.
-
B-boy
- Verified User

- Posts: 105
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:22 pm
- Name: Brent Darbyson
Re: Brew hardware order
Allan I will take you up on the flux offer. I'm sure I can find some solder closer to home.
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Re: Brew hardware order
Temperature is also quite important when using silver solder - butane or propane usually is not enough. I've used silver solder with a MAPP torch quite successfully. We have a guy at work that uses propane routinely for an assembly successfully, but I think he has to heat the joint up for like 5 minutes before applying solder which is a lot longer than I have patience for!
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest