I have a (somewhat cheap) refractometer and of course a hydrometer, but I find getting consistent OG readings during the brew day to be one of the more frustrating and fun reducing activities. I know that it isn't necessary, but I have decided to spoil myself with a digital refractomer (which has the added bonus of being useful for maple syrup, with the high brix capacity) as an end of summer present. Looking at two models and wondering if anyone is familiar with either (or would recommend another):
1. http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Refract ... ractometer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Instruments ... ractometer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advice on Digital Refractometers
-
jason.loxton
- Verified User

- Posts: 972
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm
- Name: Jason Loxton
- Location: sydney ns
-
chalmers
- Moderator

- Posts: 5604
- Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm
- Name: Chris
- Location: Halifax / On The Road Again
- Contact:
Re: Advice on Digital Refractometers
We use the Milwaukee one, and are pretty pleased with the results. Haven't done in depth comparison/calibration curve between our hydrometer and it, but operationally speaking, have been very happy.
Co-author of Atlantic Canada Beer Blog
-
AllanMar
- Verified User

- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:16 pm
- Name: Allan
- Location: Dartmouth, NS
Re: Advice on Digital Refractometers
Ivd got that Milwaukee one too, really like it.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests