Smell when conditioning.

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
maglorski
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am
Name: Mike
Location: Dartmouth

Smell when conditioning.

Post by maglorski » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:51 pm

I've got 9 capped bombers and 35 grolsch that have been conditioning for nine days now.

I'm smelling the same odour when it was in primary.

Anything to be worried about? Faulty seal?

User avatar
CorneliusAlphonse
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 2988
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: Smell when conditioning.

Post by CorneliusAlphonse » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:02 pm

did you rinse your bottles? i usually spill a fair bit when bottling, and if you didnt wipe them down or rinse them, that might be the smell
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere

User avatar
maglorski
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am
Name: Mike
Location: Dartmouth

Re: Smell when conditioning.

Post by maglorski » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:30 pm

It's my first try at this, so yes, I made a hell of a mess when I was bottling and didn't wipe them down after.

I did rinse, but then I used star San.

gm-
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1145
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm
Name: Jon S
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland

Re: Smell when conditioning.

Post by gm- » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Probably just beer residue on the outside of the bottles, nothing to worry about :cheers:

Fermenting: Oud bruin/Vienna Pekko SMaSH
On tap: Nelson dry hopped Berliner/ Scottish Heavy 70-/ NE IPA

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests