Coopers Pilsner....
-
maestro
- Registered User

- Posts: 34
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:54 pm
- Name: Nick
Coopers Pilsner....
Hey everyone,
So, I still enjoy brewing from kits. My transition to AG will be later for other reasons.
However, I need a hand. I think there may be an issue with my brew. I just racked it into my secondary and while racking, I noticed it looked cloudy/mirky. I also noticed a small krausen ring on my primary, unlike previous kits. It's been in secondary now for just over 12hours and it still looks mirky. I got my kit from Noble Grape and their liquid malt with hop addition and HMG.
It still smells great and I knew primary fermentation was completed as my CO2 emitions went from crazy to none-existent. Primary was 6days.
Thoughts??
oh, and I'm at work right now (till 6am....barf) but will post pictures tomorrow when I get home.
Thanks all!
So, I still enjoy brewing from kits. My transition to AG will be later for other reasons.
However, I need a hand. I think there may be an issue with my brew. I just racked it into my secondary and while racking, I noticed it looked cloudy/mirky. I also noticed a small krausen ring on my primary, unlike previous kits. It's been in secondary now for just over 12hours and it still looks mirky. I got my kit from Noble Grape and their liquid malt with hop addition and HMG.
It still smells great and I knew primary fermentation was completed as my CO2 emitions went from crazy to none-existent. Primary was 6days.
Thoughts??
oh, and I'm at work right now (till 6am....barf) but will post pictures tomorrow when I get home.
Thanks all!
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
I'm a shift worker so I can relate to the worry. Relax don't worry have a homebrew aka RBWHAHB. Every fermentation is different. If you pitch the right amount of yeast are sanitary and ferment at the right temperaute you are laughing. You will be fine. 
- Steeveo
- Verified User

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:52 am
- Location: Truro
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
Just being close to Woody's info will get you a joyful smile...
Let it run it's course and give it a taste.
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
Steveo you mudda fucka. Up for beer? lol
- McGruff
- Registered User

- Posts: 629
- Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:46 am
- Name: Chris Storey
- Location: Cavan, Ontario
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
What yeast did you use? If you used a lager yeast, the primary should of been more than 6 days. My primary for a Pils is 21 days at 10 C.
-
Mac
- Verified User

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:12 pm
- Name: Chris
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
Coopers kits generally come with Ale yeast, don't they?McGruff wrote:What yeast did you use? If you used a lager yeast, the primary should of been more than 6 days. My primary for a Pils is 21 days at 10 C.
-
spears104
- Verified User

- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm
- Name: Jason Spears
- Location: Port Hawkesbury, NS
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
Some Coopers kits come with a dry lager yeast.
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -
-
maestro
- Registered User

- Posts: 34
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:54 pm
- Name: Nick
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
ok....I'm going to cross post this so I hope to get an answer.
I did something so genuinely stupid even my wife laughed at me and she has no idea how to brew.
After giving it a few extra days, it still bothered me. So, in a moment of "high intelligence" I decided to rack it again. It was only the other day when I realized what I just did. I now have a clear batch of pislner sitting here and I'm planning on bottling this weekend. I use primming sugarwhen I bottle so I'm worried now that when I try to bottle, there will be no carbonation.
Thoughts? Ideas?
Had someone say to use the left over from my IPA beers I'm drinking and dump that into my pilsner but I'm quite sure that's a horrible idea.
Help!
I did something so genuinely stupid even my wife laughed at me and she has no idea how to brew.
After giving it a few extra days, it still bothered me. So, in a moment of "high intelligence" I decided to rack it again. It was only the other day when I realized what I just did. I now have a clear batch of pislner sitting here and I'm planning on bottling this weekend. I use primming sugarwhen I bottle so I'm worried now that when I try to bottle, there will be no carbonation.
Thoughts? Ideas?
Had someone say to use the left over from my IPA beers I'm drinking and dump that into my pilsner but I'm quite sure that's a horrible idea.
Help!
- Woody
- Award Winner 4

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
- Name: Derek
- Location: Truro, NS
Re: Coopers Pilsner....
Please see your other post for answers. 
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests