Priming Sugar Q

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
Comforteagle
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Priming Sugar Q

Post by Comforteagle » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Which priming sugars do you all recommend for good brews? I'm not sure I like what I got at my LHBS.

User avatar
Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
Name: Derek
Location: Truro, NS

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by Woody » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Dextrose/Corn sugar. What did your LHBS have?

GasMD30
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm
Name: Josh

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by GasMD30 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:50 pm

I personally use table sugar, but that's because I make small batches.... I've been tempted to use corn syrup. I suggest using that.
Tuckamore, Vancouver, BC
Primary:
Bottled:
In the Fridge: Hawaiian IPA
Next Up:
In the Bank: Honey Blonde Bombshell, Hawaiian IPA, Mild Ale
Researching: Hard Cider

User avatar
LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
Name: Derek Stapleton
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Comforteagle wrote:Which priming sugars do you all recommend for good brews? I'm not sure I like what I got at my LHBS.
Dextrose /corn sugar. Usually from Bulk Barn.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

User avatar
Comforteagle
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by Comforteagle » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Woody wrote:Dextrose/Corn sugar. What did your LHBS have?
'Priming Sugar'

User avatar
Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
Name: Derek
Location: Truro, NS

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by Woody » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Priming sugar from the home brew shop should be dextrose aka corn sugar. Boil a cup of water add and bulk prime your beer when ready.

User avatar
Ladd
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm
Name: Matt
Location: Charlottetown, PEI

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by Ladd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:28 pm

I just use table sugar
"If you want to make wine all you have to do is tread a few grapes. Try treading some barley and all you'll get is sore feet" - Dr. Charles Bamforth

User avatar
amartin
Award Winner 8
Award Winner 8
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm
Location: Hammonds Plains

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by amartin » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Sugar is sugar, at least in the quantities it takes to prime a beer. I just use table sugar, because I have it anyways.

User avatar
dean2k
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 pm
Name: deano
Location: Sackville, NB

Re: Priming Sugar Q

Post by dean2k » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 pm

amartin wrote:I just use table sugar, because I have it anyways.
This.
.............................................

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests