10 gal fermenter
-
mthibodeau
- Verified User

- Posts: 572
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am
- Name: Marc Thibodeau
- Location: Beaver Bank, NS
10 gal fermenter
Anybody know where I can buy or borrow a 10 gal primary fermenter? I want to try a chocolate raspberry imperial stout recipe, it has 11 lbs of fruit going in the primary and so needs a ton of space
Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: 10 gal fermenter
These are good things, but only 8.4 gal https://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/pro ... tion-pail/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You could maybe secondary ferment in there with the fruit?
You could maybe secondary ferment in there with the fruit?
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
-
mthibodeau
- Verified User

- Posts: 572
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am
- Name: Marc Thibodeau
- Location: Beaver Bank, NS
Re: 10 gal fermenter
I've got one of those actually, recipe calls for the fruit to be steeped in the wort, then it all goes into the primary for a week, so I need the space on the primary. Although it's only supposed to come to 8 gal, so I could use a blow off and maybe get away with that one
Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: 10 gal fermenter
How big is your brew pot? Can you chill the wort, pitch the yeast in that and put the lid (sanitised) on? That's what I do.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
- dexter
- Verified User

- Posts: 994
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 am
- Name: Phil
- Location: Halifax
Re: 10 gal fermenter
Dave at everwood often has used extract containers the hold 12 gallons. I have one that ivebeen planning on converting to a fermentor
-
mthibodeau
- Verified User

- Posts: 572
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am
- Name: Marc Thibodeau
- Location: Beaver Bank, NS
Re: 10 gal fermenter
Good ideas guys. I'll check in with Dave about the extract container, or if he doesn't have anyhow I can use my pot, it's 9 gal, so it will be tight, but will probably work.
Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: 10 gal fermenter
I have a 40l stainless keg.
You can borrow.
Sandy
You can borrow.
Sandy
-
mthibodeau
- Verified User

- Posts: 572
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am
- Name: Marc Thibodeau
- Location: Beaver Bank, NS
Re: 10 gal fermenter
Sandy, thanks I'll take you up on that. It won't be for a little bit yet as I'm brewing this one with a buddy who is out of town for the next month.
Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: 10 gal fermenter
I'll message you and we can set a time and place.
S
S
- GillettBreweryCnslt
- Vendor

- Posts: 1935
- Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am
- Name: David Gillett
- Location: Hammonds Plains
- Contact:
Re: 10 gal fermenter
If you are still looking for something I have a couple of these kicking around the store. It's 15 gallons with a 2" threaded opening (the small one is 1") and has a bit of extract in it. But free for the taking!
I need the space as I have 8 pallets arriving on Friday.
I need the space as I have 8 pallets arriving on Friday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: 10 gal fermenter
Take Dave up on that. Even if you use mine they are great for 10gal batches.
Sandy
Sandy
-
mthibodeau
- Verified User

- Posts: 572
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am
- Name: Marc Thibodeau
- Location: Beaver Bank, NS
Re: 10 gal fermenter
Dave, I'll take one, not ship which night I'll be out yet, but I'll let you know soon, probably not until Thursday though
Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests