Am I missing something in Saint John? Is barley Malt and Vine the only spot for supplies (albeit a few tubs of LME, some DME and a small selection of pellet hops)??
I moved from Fredericton 2 years ago and I used to get stuff shipped to the Noble Grape (NG) store there, now I get a buddy to pick up stuff for me in Burnside when he happens to be in town...
Searched the forum already and all that turned up regarding supplies in SJ was a discussion from 2012 about getting Noble Grape (NG) in Burnside to ship supplies by Canada Post.
Does NG still send ingredients via mail?
Is this the only option for homebrewing in SJ (instead of large orders for larger production batches of course)??
Does anyone in SJ area get together to make bulk orders from mail order suppliers? Any one interested?
Thanks,
AL
Help! Saint John Homebrew Supplies Shortage
- Albert
- Verified User

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 pm
- Name: Al.M.
- Location: NB
Help! Saint John Homebrew Supplies Shortage
on Tap
Brown
on Deck
IPA
...
Brown
on Deck
IPA
...
-
gm-
- Verified User

- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm
- Name: Jon S
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Re: Help! Saint John Homebrew Supplies Shortage
Our group regularly orders in grain through group buys, I'll be sure to add you to our email list. If you are a bit short on something in the meantime, feel free to send me a pm, my grain cellar is pretty well stocked and I have a freezer full of hops.
Fermenting: Oud bruin/Vienna Pekko SMaSH
On tap: Nelson dry hopped Berliner/ Scottish Heavy 70-/ NE IPA
- mcgster
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
- Name: Mark McGraw
- Location: Saint John / St. John's
Re: Help! Saint John Homebrew Supplies Shortage
Albert,
There are a few people working towards getting basic brewing supplies in the city, it isn't too far off now!
There are a few people working towards getting basic brewing supplies in the city, it isn't too far off now!
- canuck
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 am
- Name: Shane
- Location: Quispamsis, NB
- Contact:
Re: Help! Saint John Homebrew Supplies Shortage
Albert, a number of the home brewers in the area have been piggy backing off of my commercial orders so you're more than welcome to add to the order next time it' happens.
As for non bulk orders, I'd highly recommend grabbing what you need from http://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Great prices and cheap shipping as well.
As for non bulk orders, I'd highly recommend grabbing what you need from http://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Great prices and cheap shipping as well.
- Albert
- Verified User

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 pm
- Name: Al.M.
- Location: NB
Re: Help! Saint John Homebrew Supplies Shortage
Thanks for the responses guys. Not in a pinch right at the moment but its been annoying having to plan my brews around when my buddy goes to NS.
GM: i'd appreciate getting on the list. I'm stocked up for now but always planning future batches and don't mind stockpiling.
MG: that's exciting news. yeast is a big one for me, I wash mine after a light ale and reuse but its nice to have the option of picking up a new pack.
Canuck: also appreciate that. Just checked out Everwood Ave's website. Seems too good to be true! looking forward to trying him out. BTW that was my girlfriend who showed up at your place a few weeks back and bought 4 glasses off ya

GM: i'd appreciate getting on the list. I'm stocked up for now but always planning future batches and don't mind stockpiling.
MG: that's exciting news. yeast is a big one for me, I wash mine after a light ale and reuse but its nice to have the option of picking up a new pack.
Canuck: also appreciate that. Just checked out Everwood Ave's website. Seems too good to be true! looking forward to trying him out. BTW that was my girlfriend who showed up at your place a few weeks back and bought 4 glasses off ya
on Tap
Brown
on Deck
IPA
...
Brown
on Deck
IPA
...
-
gm-
- Verified User

- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm
- Name: Jon S
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Re: Help! Saint John Homebrew Supplies Shortage
Everwood is great, I buy most speciality grains from him, and then stock up on basegrain through the group buys through Shane.
If you are in a pinch for yeast, I know that Barley Malt and Wine sell the fermentis yeasts, have bought S-04 and US-05 from them few times. Pretty pricey, but works in a pinch.
If you are in a pinch for yeast, I know that Barley Malt and Wine sell the fermentis yeasts, have bought S-04 and US-05 from them few times. Pretty pricey, but works in a pinch.
Fermenting: Oud bruin/Vienna Pekko SMaSH
On tap: Nelson dry hopped Berliner/ Scottish Heavy 70-/ NE IPA
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests