Temptation Red Clone
- CorneliusAlphonse
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2988
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm
Re: Temptation Red Clone
I don't think it's Chinook, and definitely dont think it's Chinook for buttering, compared to a recent beer I made with lots of Chinook. But I could be wrong too.
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere
-
RossBee
- Verified User

- Posts: 551
- Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm
- Name: Steffen Rosswog
- Location: Baie Verte, NB
Re: Temptation Red Clone
Keith wrote:maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts.
I suck at this haha.
So Keith, your verdict is that it is a "Slight spicyness with a grapefruit and mild pine flavor. Malt on this beer is overpowering the nose, so can't get anything off that." and "seems like I'm getting a mild floral nose" and "maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts."
Quite the complexity there, me son. In the end, did you like it?
Why brew beer I can buy?
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: Temptation Red Clone
I thought this link was not that useful, but here goes (at least the guy is trying): http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/10/h ... -like.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Temptation Red Clone
Yea it's a beer I enjoy. Just was a while since I had it.RossBee wrote:Keith wrote:maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts.
I suck at this haha.
So Keith, your verdict is that it is a "Slight spicyness with a grapefruit and mild pine flavor. Malt on this beer is overpowering the nose, so can't get anything off that." and "seems like I'm getting a mild floral nose" and "maybe it's a citrus nose with a sweet follow through from the malts."
Quite the complexity there, me son. In the end, did you like it?
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

- GAM
- Verified User

- Posts: 5429
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
- Name: Sandy MacNeil
- Location: North End HFX
Re: Temptation Red Clone
I have found it to be far less hoppy than it was when it first came out. Can others confirm this or not.Keith wrote: Yea it's a beer I enjoy. Just was a while since I had it.
Sandy
- Lucas
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 421
- Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 am
- Name: Lucas
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: Temptation Red Clone
I was at a meet your local event maybe a year ago where Boxing Rock was pairing beers with the food and I asked what hop it was and the representative ((co?)-owner?) of the brewery wouldn't tell me what hop it was. He said that I could figure it out. It is slightly odd that they won't just say what it is. I couldn't even hazard a guess.
Enjoying: Black Sheep (Dark Farmhouse with Brett)
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone
Fermenting: NZ Pale Ale, Orval Clone, Berliner Weisse, Brett APA
Planning: Old Rasputin Clone
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests