Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by Keith » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:20 pm

So what did everyone get for brew gear and beer this year?

I got 3 books, Bayou Classic KB06 burner, unibroue 6 pack, wychwood bah humbug beer, and $100 towards my new brew pot (Just ordered a 40 gallon Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Kettle.)

Looking forward to my first brew day with my new gear! :rockin:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
amartin
Award Winner 8
Award Winner 8
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm
Location: Hammonds Plains

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by amartin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:37 am

I too did well. I got a desperately needed new propane tank, a handful of beers, For the Love of Hops, Mitch Steele's IPA, and an NG gift card. Next planned brew day is Sunday, so I'm glad to be stocked up.

mthibodeau
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am
Name: Marc Thibodeau
Location: Beaver Bank, NS

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by mthibodeau » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:52 am

So far I've gotten a gift certificate for Everwood, and two books, designing great beers and the home brewers companion

Can't wait to visit Dave and pick up a wide mouth fermenter
Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by Keith » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:55 am

I got the same one Andrew. Also the Water book and brewing better beer.
I can't seem to put Brewing Better Beer down. It's easy reading as if he's talking to you. Definitely keeping my full attention.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

redoubt
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm
Name: Kirsten & Keely
Location: Cambridge

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by redoubt » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:58 am

Nice stuff, fellas!

We're not big Christmas people, but treated ourselves to a stash of beers from the private liquour stores a couple weeks ago. Plus our pre-ordered Malt book (from the Yeast, Hops, Water series) arrived. Oh, and we bought some perlicks from Dave recently too. :)

Cheers!
Keely.

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by GuingesRock » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:59 am

I got a picture of a refractometer :) it didn't arrive yet, some small beakers for measuring salts and to put buffer solution in to calibrate the PH meter, a book from my sister in England called 300 beers to try before you die. And one of those pocket scales from Lee Valley for weighing salts.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

User avatar
jtmwhyte
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 1934
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
Name: Trevor Whyte

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by jtmwhyte » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:06 pm

My mother surprised me with a new Food Saver and my wife bought me some mixed bombers of Propeller and Garrison beers.
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe

User avatar
amartin
Award Winner 8
Award Winner 8
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm
Location: Hammonds Plains

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by amartin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Keith wrote:I got the same one Andrew. Also the Water book and brewing better beer.
I can't seem to put Brewing Better Beer down. It's easy reading as if he's talking to you. Definitely keeping my full attention.
I got Brewing Better Beer last Christmas. The water, yeast and malt books are all on my list to get sometime.

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by jacinthebox » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Kids got me the home brewers companion 2nd edition. ..and eric and I picked up a beer gun last week (on the cheap).
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

User avatar
CorneliusAlphonse
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 2988
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by CorneliusAlphonse » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:58 pm

I got nothing beer related and I'm A-ok with that

Hope everyone enjoys their new books and toys:)
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere

User avatar
Piping Brewer
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:01 pm
Name: Tyler Rushton
Location: Oxford

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by Piping Brewer » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Santa gave me a break. My started mash tun from a year and a half ago remains unfinished. So I got a ready built 10 gallon OBK mash tun. A grain mill. Two brewing books. Also an American pale ale kit complete, that was made for me. (thanks Andy) Guess I was good this year. I'm told for her birthday I get to take her out to dinner and buy a brew kettle big enough to do 10 gallon batches. (good deal I think) Now onward to brewing more this year than the previous two.
Fermenting:

Kegged: DUSELDORF ALTBIER V2 GLUTEN REDUCED,
BOTTLED: CANADIAN LAGER, ENGLISH LAGER, CZECH PILSNER, SASQUATCH IPA.


“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it’s better to be thoroughly sure.” — Bohemian proverb

User avatar
GuingesRock
Award Winner 20+
Award Winner 20+
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Wolfville, NS

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by GuingesRock » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Kathleen got me some sexy jeans for Christmas, but the legs weren’t long enough (it’s hard to get jeans for my long legs), so I took them back today, and I also took back some of the bamboo underwear (kept one pair, that’s all a person needs LOL). With the money I got a Moffatt 7cu freezer in the sales today, $100 off, for my lagering project. It fits 3 kegs and a CO2 tank. I’m still $100 in the hole, but the disappointment that the jeans didn’t fit was extreme. I think it’s safe to say that I might be brewing obsessed. Either that or I’m a conniving bugger. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server

saosborne
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:05 pm
Name: sean osborne
Location: Fall River

Re: Brewgear and beers - Xmas Gifts

Post by saosborne » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:33 am

my fast fermenters i pre ordered at the beginning of aug arrived xmas eve. still did not get the second wall hanger. :x got my first brew into them this afternoon.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests