getting hop rhizomes

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
marceleb19
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 pm
Name: Marcel

getting hop rhizomes

Post by marceleb19 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:23 am

hello everyone .
I am planning on planting a few types of hops this summer and though I would inquire early enough about gettin hop rhizomes. Has anyone on the forums planted any hops or does anyone know where I could get aome rhizomes?

User avatar
jeffsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Name: Jeff Smith
Location: Amherst, NS
Contact:

Re: getting hop rhizomes

Post by jeffsmith » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:45 am

marceleb19 wrote:hello everyone .
I am planning on planting a few types of hops this summer and though I would inquire early enough about gettin hop rhizomes. Has anyone on the forums planted any hops or does anyone know where I could get aome rhizomes?
I might be able to hook you up with some Columbus and Cascade rhizomes in the spring if we can figure out a way to get them down to you. I got a few dozen of each the last time I trimmed them back.

User avatar
GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 5429
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm
Name: Sandy MacNeil
Location: North End HFX

Re: getting hop rhizomes

Post by GAM » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:34 am

Post back in the Spring. Yoy will likely get lots of offers.

Sandy

Houblon34
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: Moncton

Re: getting hop rhizomes

Post by Houblon34 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:33 am

Got my rhizomes from these guys last year: http://www.fourhorses.ca/.

"Pre-orders for 2015 will open in January 2015."

marceleb19
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 pm
Name: Marcel

Re: getting hop rhizomes

Post by marceleb19 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:13 pm

jeffsmith wrote:
marceleb19 wrote:hello everyone .
I am planning on planting a few types of hops this summer and though I would inquire early enough about gettin hop rhizomes. Has anyone on the forums planted any hops or does anyone know where I could get aome rhizomes?
I might be able to hook you up with some Columbus and Cascade rhizomes in the spring if we can figure out a way to get them down to you. I got a few dozen of each the last time I trimmed them back.
I will shoot you off an email later in the spring (april ) maybe and we might be able to set something up , I could make trip and bring them back .

I will also check on the website suggested to see If I can get some for the spring , thanks guys

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests