Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
Is Wyeast yeast nutrient available locally?
- mumblecrunch
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 1206
- Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:01 pm
- Name: Aaron
- Location: Halifax
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
Haven't seen it anywhere. But Dave carries the White Labs version.
- mr x
- Mod Award Winner

- Posts: 13764
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm
- Location: Halifax/New Glasgow
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
I'm sure ng would get it in, but I bet Dave can get it too. What do you want it for? Troubles, or fun?
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. 
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
Just thinking I should likely be using it since I'm brewing with 100% RO water. I know you're getting most of what you need from the wort, but zinc is likely low in my wort.mr x wrote:I'm sure ng would get it in, but I bet Dave can get it too. What do you want it for? Troubles, or fun?
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
That's the one I use. I get it online.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
- Celiacbrew
- Verified User

- Posts: 849
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm
- Name: Mike E.
- Location: Dartmouth
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
White labs yeast nutrient is amino acids. I think it's their other yeast nutrient thing that has the zinc, I think it is called Servomyces.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Mike E.
Mike E.
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
Correct. It's yeast that has been saturated in zinc or something like that.Celiacbrew wrote:White labs yeast nutrient is amino acids. I think it's their other yeast nutrient thing that has the zinc, I think it is called Servomyces.
- Celiacbrew
- Verified User

- Posts: 849
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm
- Name: Mike E.
- Location: Dartmouth
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
Jimmy wrote:Correct. It's yeast that has been saturated in zinc or something like that.Celiacbrew wrote:White labs yeast nutrient is amino acids. I think it's their other yeast nutrient thing that has the zinc, I think it is called Servomyces.
Most places I checked don't carry Servomyces. Dave should be able to order it with his next white labs order. Failing that I think one of the online stores carried it when I looked into getting some. I just wanted it for making yeast so I landed on the wyeast/whitelabs yeast nutrient instead. I was worried about adding too much zinc to my starters and the yeast nutrients have considerably less zinc than the Servomyces.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Mike E.
Mike E.
- KMcK
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 2365
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm
- Name: Kyle
- Location: Halifax, Nova Soctia
Re: Wyeast Yeast Nutrient
Celiacbrew wrote:White labs yeast nutrient is amino acids. I think it's their other yeast nutrient thing that has the zinc, I think it is called Servomyces.
Is it zinc oxide?
McKeggerator:
- no beer

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests