manifold leak

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

manifold leak

Post by Keith » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I have a new manifold with a leak between the manifold and the shutoff. I don't want to wrench on it. But what's the best way to pull it apart without a vice? I want to retape it.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jeffsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Name: Jeff Smith
Location: Amherst, NS
Contact:

Re: manifold leak

Post by jeffsmith » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Keith wrote:I have a new manifold with a leak between the manifold and the shutoff. I don't want to wrench on it. But what's the best way to pull it apart without a vice? I want to retape it.
Have you pinpointed the leak? I'd wanted to be sure I knew exactly where it was leaking before I pulled anything apart. Could be as simple as a hose/oeteker clamp not being tight enough. Stars an is pretty handy for finding leaks because it bubbles so easily.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: manifold leak

Post by Keith » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah its by the teflon.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: manifold leak

Post by Keith » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Another new tank is dead. I can't seem to find the leak, dave replaced the manifold as well. Any suggestions? I've submersed it at 30 psi.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Re: manifold leak

Post by Jimmy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Coke or Pepsi kegs? I had a slow leak on one of my keg pressure relief valves and it was emptying my CO2.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: manifold leak

Post by Keith » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm a dumbass lol. I forgot the low pressure gage was broken on that regulator lol.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests