Trails to Ales Pale Ale is back @ North

General beer chit chat
jkdunbar
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Kevin Dunbar

Post by jkdunbar » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:11 pm

I had the pleasure to work with Josh, Peter and Brad on a beer for the BLT Rails to Trails association. The idea of the project was to raise money to fix the trail after storms have made sections rough to traverse.

The beer turned out great, sold out within 2 weeks, and is back in stock at all North locations for a limited time.

It was first released at the beginning of August, however, I didn't make a big deal about it in case it flopped. But it's sold out within 2 weeks, and by popular demand, it's now back.

If anybody wants to check it out, let me know in the comments if you like it or not. It's made with golden promise and caramel 30, and a combination of magnum, centennial, and Sultana hops. Fermented with Kievk at 23 degrees.

I'm also the lead on local area home brewers using the pilot system. The idea is to get some unique recipes on tap in the Timberlea location. This will help make it a unique destination for beer lovers.

If you're in the BLT area, and you're interested in having your recipes on tap for all to enjoy, give me a shout at jkdunbar@gmail.com.

Cheers and happy brewing!
Last edited by jkdunbar on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

wcturnedec
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Cam

Post by wcturnedec » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:11 am

Sounds awesome!

What’s the process for getting a recipe into the pilot system?

I now realize you listed your email for any Qs, I’ll send along my questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On tap: APA, Dubbel, Dark Mild
Fermenting: Brett Saison 2022, Schwarzbier, APA, Sour Brown,
Coming up: American Wheat (Fruited), Vienna Lager, Dortmunder
Bottled: Brett Saison 2020, Brett Saison 2021, Baltic Porter

jkdunbar
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Kevin Dunbar

Re: Trails to Ales Pale Ale is back @ North

Post by jkdunbar » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:23 am

Not just the recipe, you will be brewing it (with assistance from either me, Josh or Brad) on the pilot system, and your name, or home brewery name, on the menu!

wcturnedec
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Cam

Post by wcturnedec » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:02 am

jkdunbar wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:23 am
Not just the recipe, you will be brewing it (with assistance from either me, Josh or Brad) on the pilot system, and your name, or home brewery name, on the menu!
Gotcha!

I have a pretty decent Dubbel recipe that did well at the Big Spruce comp a few years ago or I wonder if they would ever consider brewing their Belgian Dark Strong (Midnight was the name I think?) on that system?
On tap: APA, Dubbel, Dark Mild
Fermenting: Brett Saison 2022, Schwarzbier, APA, Sour Brown,
Coming up: American Wheat (Fruited), Vienna Lager, Dortmunder
Bottled: Brett Saison 2020, Brett Saison 2021, Baltic Porter

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:21 am

Had a can of this beer yesterday, great job! :cheers3:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

Return to “General Beer Discussion”