Serving Homebrew

General beer chit chat
KB1138
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Kevin

Serving Homebrew

Post by KB1138 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:55 pm

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has experience with serving homebrew at a wedding? Planning a wedding for the fall and I'd like to have a few kegs on hand and the fiance is a little worried about liquor licensing and venues serving homemade beer and wine. Obviously the liquor and gaming doesn't need to know where I'm getting kegs from when I apply for a license but might there but issues at a venue with its own license?

Just wondering if anyone else has done the same and how it worked out for you
On tap: Hopped Mead, ESB, Schwazbier
Coming up: Altbier
Fermenting: Maibock
Planned: NEIPA, NZ Pils, Oyster Stout

KMcK
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Kyle

Re: Serving Homebrew

Post by KMcK » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:16 pm

If the venue requires you to use its people to serve there may be too much scrutiny. If it's a self serve operation maybe not.
McKeggerator:
  • no beer :(

oceanic_brew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Glen O'Keefe

Re: Serving Homebrew

Post by oceanic_brew » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:34 pm

I’m not sure the exact laws but you’ll most likely be fine if it has nothing to do with any business or anywhere with a liquor license or anywhere considered an insured public gathering space etc. The minute you step inside anywhere that has or should have liability insurance I highly recommend against it even if they are ok with it. If something happens you could be sued.

It is extremely hard to monitor underage drinking at these type of events as well and that can get really ugly if they were to drive or otherwise

So again, make sure it’s on private property, make sure there’s nobody paid to serve, and for good measure make sure someone is serving and monitoring the alcohol at all times.

Oh and btw good luck getting any answers out of Alcohol and Gaming on just about anything, and if you do get an answer it won’t really matter anyway

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Beer Discussion”